View Single Post
06-12-2017, 09:18 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

TBH it's a toss up.

I'm personally skeptical you'd ever be able to bring something like 3d effects to the mainstream - we still battle IE, so commonplace 3D is like a manned mission to mars – theoretically possible, but realistically unlikely.

Samsung and competitors that I can't remember (Maybe Panasonic?) have 3D TVs, so a 3D capable display isn't much of a stretch. But like I mentioned, you'd probably need to control the tech. I doubt Samsung glasses work on another 3D tv.

It's possible that was designed for a controlled environment and with the right tech, it works. But it's more likely it's a bad design trend that probably won't gain any momentum.

edit: it's also possible it's magic eye affect (reduced by the forums's image posting methods). I have a glass screen, which means I get tons of glare. Looking at the thumbnail the teal/read effect wasn't noticeable - and when I viewed the large version it might have been too large / I was too close. In the shade, I sort of see it in the thumbnail – but that could be a placebo effect.

Either way, I'm pretty sure it's impossible without a counterpart (IE glasses), so it's still a very strange thing to try.

Thanked by:
Artashes (06-12-2017)