View Single Post
06-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Go for XenForo I know you're all aware of the lawsuit probably but there has been a trial date announced so it's finally coming to an end... XenForo is the future now IMO. I know I sound like a fanboy.
Thank you, Lucas. Oh yes, I am aware of the lawsuit. I have been watching the development of XenForo since their inception, I like the team behind it. Apart from that I'd like to see how the lawsuit ends first, to be honest I don't see much of a difference between XF and VB. In fact, the new theme resembles XenForo a lot - forumdisplay and threaddisplay pages especially.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4523505&type=1
The development community of vBulletin is also what is attractive about the software.

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Posts are removed all the time.
This is a weak argument, Dan. All communities/forums remove posts that break their rules.

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Looks like a typical Reddit/Digg like site with people ranking up the links/stories. This concept has been around the web forever and it has its own set of problems (those that spam these sites by ranking up certain material up). I can potentially see how it could be interesting for the discussions part of the community. However, you have not address the issues of data/membership migration and integration of other services like the marketplace, blog and other apps that we might bring forward.

Are there any scripts that would actually tie this concept into an actual community with ability to edit posts, quote on replies, attach items, etc - forum-style? Developing a custom application for this purpose, thus reinventing the wheel is out of the question.