View Single Post
07-11-2008, 10:18 PM
UKMatt is offline UKMatt
Software:

UKMatt is on a distinguished road

Old

Gee, let's think here for second (because you obviously didn't)
Firstly, I did

Originally Posted by jordanriane View Post
Gee, let's think here for second (because you obviously didn't): he's posting at Talkfreelance. Guess what? Most/majority of us are freelance webdesigners who either do graphic design, front-end design/code, and back-end design/code. You know what that means? It means that we love what we do, and take it seriously.

So yeah, if we see a website using tables when it's NOT tabular data, expect people to make comments about it. It's not like it's going to negatively impact the website if he cleans up the code to bring it up to par with standards here at TFL. Of course it won't be negative effect if he doesn't do anything with it. It's called posting criticism and giving the OP the chance to use it or lose it.
He's just announcing his website ... good code isn't a prerequisite for launching a website. If it works, and it looks good, run with it. Honestly, is doesn't matter if his code is sh.it, and I don't believe he asked for anyones opinion on his code. It's not like he's pimpin' his services.

Now onto the quote 'standards here at TFL'. What standards? I hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of sites announced here suck some major as.scheeks.

Guess what? Most/majority of us are freelance webdesigners who either do graphic design, front-end design/code, and back-end design/code. You know what that means? It means that we love what we do, and take it seriously.
So that makes you what? The internet code validation police. Monitoring the internet to make it a better place for the lot of us. Guess what, 99.9% of the internets users don't give a toss if the page validates.

Well he didn't post it for a professional review or to be ****ged off. We have a "Talkfreelance Design" area for that.
That's close to being the smartest thing I've seen written in this entire thread.