02-09-2006, 08:25 PM
jhmattern is offline jhmattern
Expertise:
Software:

jhmattern is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by MaxS
Agreed. This man is just pathetic.

If you are asking for criticism; take it like a man, not like a little kid. We don't care what classes you have taught, the fact is, your web page is completely outdated and lacking style.
I have to say that I'm completely astounded at how RUDE some of you have been in this and other recent threads. Some of you have been providing honest and constructive criticism, and I haven't seen the original poster attack anyone who's done that. I've actually seen him respond more in other posts with thanks. But when you give your opinion of someone else's work, no matter what you think of it, try to have some tact! It's not what you're saying that's offensive to him so much as how you're saying it. Lately, I've been ashamed to even come to this community, and that really saddens me, because I used to enjoy it.

Face it. No one likes to change. If an older designer comes here, don't attack them. Make suggestions and encourage them to explore new technologies and trends. This poster has legitimate concerns. English is not his first language. Just because it sounds like whining to you doesn't mean that was the intention. He's expressing himself the best he can. Quite frankly I find it disgusting that so many of you "professionals" are so quick to blow off your elders and people experienced in your field who may have quality advice to contribute down the road. Yet at the same time, many of you take postings about things like business law from 12 and 13-year olds as the gospel truth!

This post isn't directed at every person who posted in this thread. But most of you need to take a good look in the mirror and realize that you're the ones who need to "take it like a man" and grow up. Learn some respect!