View Single Post
04-21-2006, 04:47 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

I stand by his actions. The site is worth well more than $750 million. The only reason why I don't think he will get an offer that high is because not many companies can hand over that kind of money without a major blow to their economic structure. I honestly probably wouldn't have taken it if I were them because honestly, if you could make more than that in a year, why take it.

Yes, anyone could live comfortably on it but also, think about why he might be asking for more, maybe for some beneficial purposes for other people than himself? There could be plenty of reasons. But there is no doubt that most of you saying "I would have taken it" would done the same thing as him under the same circumstances due to the real value of the site.

Also, whoever said they would sell Google if they owned it for $750 million is stupid (no offense :P). Because Google is currently worth several billion dollars already. Considering it was some college kids who started it some years ago for a project, that is really good. Even though they won't sell it soon, the will probably be able to sell that for a years income along with the current worth of the company.