View Single Post
05-07-2011, 05:43 AM
Moser is offline Moser
Software:

Moser is on a distinguished road

Old

Once a layout change has taken place, will it be possible to revert back to this (old) layout and make it our personal default?

A formal explanation as to why I have not, and will not vote on a new theme:

Being a low post-count member (19 total though I’ve been a member since 2009), I’m sure a post like this won’t make me many friends here or be taken too seriously, but here it goes.

I understand that this is not the place to 'review' these layouts, but I feel it needs to be said. This is a forum largely dedicated to selling unique and custom templates and these two templates have nothing unique about them that would give a lasting impression of this site. While I am all for change and think these are both good designs in their own right, I do not feel that either of these designs effectively broadcasts the drawing point of this forum. Where is the color? Where is the creativity?

I know it is a-whole-lot easier to sit here and criticize these layouts then it is to make them, but as these layouts have been 'professionally' contracted, it sure doesn’t seem that way and it’s a bit disappointing to think that this forum will soon adopt one of these themes to be it’s permanent atmosphere.

While some may be sick of the current layout, you have to admit there is something about it that is inviting and memorable. The layouts presented don’t look like anything a ‘creative community’ would have on display, but something I would find lurking in the dark corners of ThemeForest.

Again, I mean no disrespect towards the designers of these layouts, as I have stated that they are both good designs in their own ways. I just don’t feel they represent the creative community that the numbers show we (this community) are.

Thanked by 3 users:
Artashes (05-29-2011), Salathe (05-07-2011), TaeKwonJoe (05-07-2011)