View Single Post
09-21-2007, 05:04 AM
insub2 is offline insub2
Software:

insub2 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to insub2

Old

Originally Posted by NuPixel View Post
Just because someone codes with tables does not make them a bad coder.
If you wish to state that, state it as an opinion, and don't make it sound like a fact.
Why would I state it as an opinion when I believe it to be a fact? Perhaps the nuances of the thought are not expressed by that off the cuff statement. Thus, I have prepared a re-worded version that (hopefully) will communicate better: One who uses Tables for layout is producing un-semantic code. This may be because the coded has too much trouble producing a layout just using valid (X)HTML and CSS. Whatever the case, the result is excessive markup that adds no meaning to the document. This is a negative effect, and as such, the code should be considered "bad". Of course there or more negatives we could add to the list. Things like larger file size, difficult maintenance, lack of support for multiple devices, accessibility issues, and so on with the litany that I'm sure you've all heard about while listening to anybody preach the gospel of CSS.

And as long as we are re-wording here, perhaps you should instead say, "Just because I code with tables, does not make me a bad coder."