03-22-2007, 12:27 AM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Jako is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by VincePirez View Post
Thanks. His girlfriend didn't

I'll be frank here. (and Vince, at the same time).
Your claims are 100% impossible, regardless of how much you have configured your server, or the software on it. And the reason for that is quite simple; circumstances beyond your control.

Let's suppose for a minute, that some vital component in your server dies during a high traffic moment. Are you going to offer a money back guarantee then? If not, what's to stop you using that excuse if another digg effect kills your box?

Unless you have some load balanced, fail-over implementation on multiple networks, then this is something you'll have to deal with sooner or later. For the price you're charging, I doubt you have such implementations do you? All it will take is a SINGLE failure and your reputation is destroyed.

This is the same as ye old 99.9% uptime guaranteed argument. The "guarantee" is always in regards to NETWORK uptime, and not server uptime/availability. You try arguing with and convincing a webhost that it was the network to blame.....

So, whilst I applaud your confidence, the product you are offering is nothing more than a one way ticket to the downfall of your company. Once you reach your first moment of downtime (and you will, as is inevitable in all hosting companies lives) then your product is over. Your niché is that which will destroy you.

Understandable, and the same has happened to me before.
With all the above said, good luck guys.
Thanks for your comments and suggestions, I appreciate them. We are working on dropping the number of sites allowed on the server and also setting up a mirror server incase the inevitable happens.