View Single Post
06-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Artashes is offline Artashes
Expertise: Media, business development
Software: Excel, Pen&Paper, Slack, Figma

Artashes is on a distinguished road

Old

In reference to advertising comments above and the ad blocking software: advertising is an essential part of generating income for publishers. While I can sustain the site indefinitely without it generating any income based on my pure enthusiasm for it, ideally I would like to recoup some of the costs in the long-term. Most importantly, I want to be able to continue to invest in this community by paying designers, coders and writers to work on projects and advertising helps fund these projects and competitions.

While I cannot control or force people not to use their ad blocking software (I am guessing it is a very minor percent anyway), I can only appreciate and thank people who choose to whitelist TalkFreelance in the process. Advertising displayed at TF is and will be safe and harmless to your computers.

Thanks for your ideas on types of advertising we can adopt. Actually, advertising stickies are already available and they are limited to the marketplace forums only. I also do not have the plans to commercialize the community forums through sticky advertising.

@Joe, thanks for your desire to get involved! If Chris requires help and thinks of a creative way to get you or others involved in some of the processes, I am sure he will get in touch. I usually give the developers I work with the freedom to work the way they are used to and I don't want to disrupt or dictate them how to do their job.