11-16-2005, 03:33 AM
ev5 is offline ev5
Software:

ev5 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
if you're going to get rid of MySQL you'd have to get rid of PHP
Wow, how stupid.

I dont know if you know (of if in fact, anyone knows), but you dont have to use ASP to run MSSQL... PHP aslo supports it, as well as many other database technologies.

Have you ever stopped to think that some people make open source software becuase of:

1. Enjoyment of programming
2. There is currently no software that does what they want
3. The current software is pretty bad.

As an example, I use Mozilla Firefox to browse the web... An open source project. I can clearly see why it was developed, as IE is terrible. I'm not one of these "anti IE" people that hate IE becuase its IE... I hate IE becuase it was the cauase of having to reformat my computer... Plus Firefox gives me the ability to use tabs, JS inspector, DOM inspector and several other plugins.

I understand that you are entitled to your opinion, and I am not arguing that you are not, I just think alot of what you said is over generalised...Many open source developers have very well paying jobs, and open source makes our lives better online. Even if you don't notice it, you are probably using many technologies that have been developed open source.

Also, I dont see what the big deal with selling part of the company for finance is. If you need money to progress in business then whats the problem with stocks. A company is NOT a person. If people in the company were selling themselves for finance, then I can see a problem, other than that, I cant see anything wrong with playing the stock market.