View Single Post
06-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Jako is on a distinguished road

Old  Do I Qualify for a Refund?

I purchased LinkTrain.net from aLx a few days ago for $100. I thought it was a pretty cool site and it was a custom script with already a few advertisers on it.

After thinking about it for an hour I ended up buying it. A few days later I saw a few new links on the site and realized I was never paid for them. I traced the links back to a member on TFL, his name was Haris. He told me he found an exploit in the script and could add his links without paying. I told him if he showed me how it was done, I would leave his link up there for helping me.

Today I realize the page isn't loading. Someone added an iframe to the script because it's insecure and exploitable. I told Alex on AIM that he should fix it or I want a refund, I would even give him the money that I earned from the site, so he would only have to send me around $90 back.

He told me it's my fault that the script isn't working when I haven't touched anything on it. And when he did realize it was someone hacking it this is what he told me,

Originally Posted by Alex
aLex: ITS THE SAME F***ING GUY
aLex: BAN HIM problem solved
So instead of fixing the script, he wants me to ban one person, when there are many others that can do the same harm.

I had to take down the site for now because they were adding iframes and everything from the insecure script making the site show up as nothing.

Do I Qualify for a Refund?