02-07-2005, 04:54 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

. . .
Originally Posted by ULTiMATE
Not that I'm picking at the whole "compliancy in all browsers" thing, but I don't see why so many people go on about coding in full-standards and so that their web page works in every browser known to man.
this has nothing to do with standards comlient coding methods, it's a way yo test the functioning of your code. image rady can code to valid xhtml standards.. that doesn't make it ayn good. this resource is to get a visual of its performance. it can be unvalid and still work correcty and vice versa.

the w3 validator is just a penis enlarger coders like to use ( i do it all the time ), but i don't blame them, if you're going to do something, do it right. this however is a completely seperate issue from the topic at hand.
Originally Posted by ULTiMATE
but when has a real client ever really cared about how valid your code is or how many unknown browsers your page can be viewed in? All clients really care about is how their web page will make them money.
if it doesn't work, no one can buy the product thus no profit is had. that means NO MONEY.. you should be able to do the math here.