View Single Post
03-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Lowengard View Post
I wonder if maybe TF has just run its course.

It seems to me that the trend is away from free-standing, community-managed discussion groups such as this, and toward forums established within a larger entity (Facebook, Google Groups, LinkedIn, certain listservs. Maybe even Twitter). A number of other forums I've belonged to have also died in the past few months.
Sadly I agree. Forums overall seem to be taking a downturn. Furthermore the market TF was going to go after may be a pointless pursuit. At this point I've lost all hope I had for the online freelancing market; people who pay decent money just hire a local freelancer.

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
Sure you can.
I'm getting there. I sent Artashes an email out two days ago explaining his situation (from my point of view anyways) and won't leave for at least 5 more days in waiting for a reply. If I don't get a reply in five days I'm done, I'm demoting myself and deleting the cPanel info I used to re-promote myself last time. Sadly coming here will be a moot point almost immediately, we'll look like talkPHP looks currently.

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
We did
t's a little different since when you two left there was existing staff. My leaving, while essentially the same thing, leaves no staff.

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
IEdit: Although I appear to be put back on staff? huh

Edit 2: Apparently he is busy being in a film? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5213213/?ref_=tt_cl_t1
You don't show up as staff.

Artashes told me why he's been so busy but that wasn't it. Maybe it's a factor.