View Single Post
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
adbox is offline adbox
Software:

adbox is on a distinguished road

Old  Latest Update Anyone here?

Hello, here are the latest improvements to the BlogSense Platform.

FOR POST TEMPLATING…

[new shortcode item]
We have a new content manipulation template tool : [SUBSTRING]. The substring shortcode will allow us to turn full content into partial content using numeric limiters. An example would be: [substring:0:500]%postbody%[/substring] which would limit the sourced content to 500 characters.

%Two New Tokens%
We now have two new tokens, %campaign_query%, which will call the query for Youtube, Yahoo Answers, and Source Campaigns. And %title_filtered%, which will call a version of the title that has had junk words stripped out of it so it might be used as a keyword for dynamic shortcodes.

[new shortcode item]
By request we now have a [GOOGLEIMG] short code that can be programed to search and insert google images based on a query. I’ve tested this out and it is very efficient at pulling relative images. It’s amazing. An example would look like : {googleimg:keyword here:1:275px:300px}

[new 3rd party shortcode wizard]
Some users are using the WP Prosperent to add Prosperent Affiliate items to their posts. BlogSense can detect if the plugin is installed and help the user create shortcodes using a wizard.

[wprobot shortcode wizard]
Updated the wizard to reflect the latest sources included into WP Robot 3.2.4

FOR RSS MODULE SPECIFICALLY…

Partial to Full Content Improvement
From within the campaign editing section we can select to use fivefilters or custom scraping parameters.

FOR SOURCE MODULE SPECIFICALLY…
Content grabbing improvement
We now have the options, both with pre-included sources and custom sources, to either use our custom scrape parameters to grab the content or to use the fivefilters class. This setting can be toggled within the campaign editing section.

FOR ALL QUERY BASED CAMPAIGNS…
Multiple queries are now accepted.
Traditionally only one query has been permitted per campaign. Now we can have multiple queries, just separate them with commas. Each time the campaign runs, for whatever reason, only one query will be selected out of the bunch. You can also use the new %campaign_query% to call the keywords in the post template.

BRAND NEW FEATURES and MISCELLANEOUS IMPROVEMENTS

CSV Importing
We can now import CSV files in an advanced manner using custom %token_variables% to call items. This feature has been directly tied into the Drop Posting module. Consider it in beta but it might just work perfectly out of the box. It works for my samples and it looks promising.
More Info here: http://www.hatnohat.com/forum/showth...=2625#post2625

Spin Features Improvement
Now we can select to spin titles only, content only, or both titles and content using our preferred spin method.

Auto Categorization Improvement
Auto-categorization has it’s own section now, letting you chose to toggle on off and providing options to search title for category matches, search content for category matches or search both as well as letting you chose whether or not to assign post to the first discovered category only (ignoring the post if no match is found) or assign the post into all matching categories including the default parent category or excluding the default parent category. (I really needed this feature for a personal project).

That sorts out this round of updates. I’ll be spending some time on WP Traffic Tools again before I begin adding another round of updates on BlogSense.