View Single Post
04-26-2005, 03:47 PM
dmadray is offline dmadray
Expertise:
Software:

dmadray is on a distinguished road

Old

I've been looking at different forums which would be IPB and Vbulletin. Phpbb don't really cut it for me. Doesn't look pwerful enough and it get hacked often and all that.

IPB is what I use and it can be changed completely. In terms of Mods, the look and feel. It's not that hard to Mod...well install premade mods that is. I've been watching VB alot and am seeing some nice little features that IPB doesn't have but I check it out and the Skinning part looks difficult compared to IPB.

I've got a board that i've changed alot but if the structure can be changed like how I've seen VB changed around on so many forums would be really cool. If i get the hang of skinning VB i'd probably try it out but no Time.

Overal...I love IPB 1.3..v2 is good but the skinning has changed so I'll take a while to move to it. VB is also great from what I've seen so any of those 2 choices would be good ones.

Oh and pay for your stuff if you really need it man. Last thing u need is a thriving community forum that gets hacked.