Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1572 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Need more knowledge on the use of keywords for SEO

Thread title: Need more knowledge on the use of keywords for SEO
Closed Thread    
07-17-2008, 10:50 AM
sanjaysahu is offline sanjaysahu
Software:

sanjaysahu is on a distinguished road

Old  Need more knowledge on the use of keywords for SEO

Hi everyone, I have been working in a SEO company for quite some time. We have been coming across many projects but I need to get more knowledge about the ways of using keywords to get better results. There have been many ways that I have to get the desired results but having a good grip on the keywords makes a better one.

Can anyone give me some tips on this????

www.easyway2host.com

07-21-2008, 12:46 AM
rferrall is offline rferrall
Expertise:
Software:

rferrall is on a distinguished road

Old

You've been working for a SEO company for a while yet you're asking about how to use keywords...? That seems rather odd, really.

I'm not entirely sure on your question, but here are the biggies:

In your title - your title element is probably the most important on-page element in terms of optimization. You should be sure that it's not only keyword focused, but descriptive as well. By having a keyword focused yet descriptive page title you may (probably will) enjoy a higher clickthrough rate from the SERP.

Page names - keyword focused page names seem to help me quite a bit. However, I tend to use closely related phrases in the page names more often than my target keywords.

As an example, let's say I'm writing a page on how to make money online as a writer and my page title is "How to make money online as a freelance writer" (not really a great title...). My page name, then, may be something like: get-paid-to-write.htm or something related like that.

Page content - in my opinion, keyword density is all but worthless. You're much better off using "natural language" writing whereas you'll capture a lot of related terms within the document.

For instance, let's say that I'm writing a web page on gardening with the primary keyphrase being "gardening tips". Instead of blowing the content out on that phrase, I'll work in phrases like "nursery", "lawn care", "grass", "weeding" and so forth. From my experience you'll have much better results this way.

Internal linking - when you link to other pages within your website, use varied but keyword focused anchor text. Not only is this good for your visitors (descriptive links = helpful), it can help to add an element of relevancy for search engines.

Obviously you should avoid making a link with the text "click here" unless you're trying to get the page to rank for "click here". It's also widely suggested that you avoid using the exact same anchor text to an internal page. As an example, if you have a page about rabbit feeding, you may want to alternate your anchor text as follows:

rabbit feeding
how to feed your rabbit
rabbit feeding tips
feed your rabbit
foods that rabbits eat

and so forth, just make sure that it makes sense and is accurate - you don't want to mislead your visitors.

These are pretty important topics, maybe somebody else'll have more input.

07-21-2008, 05:18 PM
amanda009 is offline amanda009
Software:

amanda009 is on a distinguished road

Old

well keywords are the base of sites, they tell whole about the site ... They help in getting more and more traffic...

online personal finance management

07-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Anthillz is offline Anthillz
Software:

Anthillz is on a distinguished road

Old

Make your site relevant to the keywords you are optimizing. Ultimately google is trying to serve the most relevant website for each keyword.

If everyone looking at your site from "xyz" keyword leaves after looking at one page, then google will figure out you are not that relevant for that keyword and will bump you down.

Relevance, relevance, relevance.

08-07-2008, 03:54 AM
MrCat is offline MrCat
Software:

MrCat is on a distinguished road

Old

Its a real shame when people try so hard to help out and yet not a single reply again from the OP

08-08-2008, 07:15 AM
businesscredit is offline businesscredit
Expertise:
Software:

businesscredit is on a distinguished road

Old

Build links using your keywords, optimize it to gain targeted traffic and conversion. Do social bookmarkings, forums, blogging, etc.

08-12-2008, 08:31 AM
web_freelancer is offline web_freelancer
Software:

web_freelancer is on a distinguished road

Old

All above info is really very informative.

08-13-2008, 03:09 PM
bendavis is offline bendavis
Software:

bendavis is on a distinguished road

Old

I have got to know many new things.

08-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Amar_001 is offline Amar_001
Software:

Amar_001 is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by rferrall View Post
For instance, let's say that I'm writing a web page on gardening with the primary keyphrase being "gardening tips". Instead of blowing the content out on that phrase, I'll work in phrases like "nursery", "lawn care", "grass", "weeding" and so forth. From my experience you'll have much better results this way.
I love to read what you have wrote but i dint get you here. as i am promoting my blog i am always writing content around my targeted keyword. here i saw you and so my eyes stick there...can you elaborate it ???

08-27-2008, 10:00 AM
.Richard is offline .Richard
Software:

.Richard is on a distinguished road

Old

I usually find commonly searched phrases and add these to my content, backlinks and other means of search engine optimization.

A simple (online) tool you can use is;
http://www.keyworddiscovery.com/search.html

Closed Thread