Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1874 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Introductions :

Greetings!

Thread title: Greetings!
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-16-2005, 08:15 PM
rockergrrl is offline rockergrrl
Expertise:
Software:

rockergrrl is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to rockergrrl Send a message via AIM to rockergrrl Send a message via MSN to rockergrrl Send a message via Yahoo to rockergrrl

Old  Greetings!

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself. Some of you may know me... other's might not; so I'll tell you a little more about myself.

My name is Tonya, I'm 25 years old, married with two boys, ages 4 and 1 (both have bday's in February).

I've been designing websites for almost 10 years now - back when the internet was full of horrible designing websites, and I was one of the few actually creating websites worth looking at. I started designing professionally at 17, when I started my own business (I was one of the few students in my high school making over $1500/month of my own money).

As well as designing websites, I've been a system adminstrator for about 8 years now - first starting as a system admin for my high school (taking care of their web, mail, net, and file servers).

But for the last almost 4 years, I've been running a web hosting company. Currently, its temporarly put on hold due to lack of money to make it go any further.

I don't freelance design all that much anymore, as its hard to concentrate at my house, with my 2 loud monsters of toddlers. I wish I could, but I've had to say no to a number of projects that would've brought thousands of dollars into our pockets - because of the kids (darn you!! ).

So right now, I do what I can. Smaller projects have been what I've been doing most, because I can't concentrate enough for larger projects (who can with kids that are screaming and running about almost 24/7).

Anyways... that's me

01-16-2005, 08:19 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

What a great introduction! Welcome to the community

I have seen you around many forums and have enjoyed your work! Congratulations on your two boys and i hope you enjoy posting here.

01-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via ICQ to rockergrrl Send a message via AIM to rockergrrl Send a message via MSN to rockergrrl Send a message via Yahoo to rockergrrl

Old

I got your invite via my msn address - but I had already joined last week or so, but never got around to posting anything (I can't remember much of anything anymore).

I haven't made my work known all that much (I hate criticism - there's always someone that's quick to criticize everything).

But occasionally someone mentions something that I've done for them.

I try and keep myself low key... but I'm always offering my services to help someone out (a downfall of mine - a lot of times for free). But I'm one of the few designers that will always go within someone's budget - even if its an extensive job for only $50 I've been told by a lot of people... "You should've charged more... you deserve it..." But I'd rather have some money, than tell a potential client a high number, and its not something they can do, so they go hunt down help from someone else. Some is better than nothing at all

If you ever need help with the board (moderator, liason - whatever), feel free to ask. I've been a vBulletin license owner since 2000, so I know it inside out.

01-16-2005, 08:32 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

If you ever need help with the board (moderator, liason - whatever), feel free to ask. I've been a vBulletin license owner since 2000, so I know it inside out
Very kind of you to offer! I will keep that in mind

01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Lauren is offline Lauren
Expertise:
Software:

Lauren is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Lauren

Old

Hey! Welcome to TF!

01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
mderbyshire is offline mderbyshire
Software:

mderbyshire is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to mderbyshire

Old

Hi Rockergrrl!

Welcome to talkfreelance! I hope you enjoy your stay.

I've seen your posts on HostHideout and WebHostingTalk before (and read your blog a couple of times too). If I recall correctly, you've played guitar for 14 years or so - is that correct?

I just wondered what guitar(s) you have?

01-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

That would be me

(my blog is lacking - as I'm really not that interesting... and I can never remember to post anything )

I've been playing the guitar since I was 10 years old. I don't play much anymore, and motherhood has mostly taken over my life. I have a '67 Les Paul Special - that was given to me by my stepfather when I was 14 (when I started playing almost religiously). I have a black Ovation Celebrity electric/acoustic guitar that I bought when I was 19, and playing semi-professionally. I'm looking at buying a new guitar next month (gotta love tax refund checks)... but I haven't been able to decide on what to buy (I need to get out to Sam Ash and test out some guitars - I've been out of the cicle for a while - I don't know what's good anymore.

But I haven't performed in almost 6 years - when I became pregnant with my now almost 5 year old, I stopped performing with my band (at the time). Where I live now, there's a live music ordinance, so the music scene is lacking here. Maybe that will change when we move to Orlando in a couple months (if all goes as hoped).

--
BTW, Michael, I have a friend that lives in Hull (I've known him for about 5 years now).

01-16-2005, 09:27 PM
Software:

Old

It's a small world we live in, eh!

Being a HUGE fan of Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler, I usually use my Fender Stratocaster (nothing special - just your standard Strat, basically) for playing his stuff.

I've always been into guitar, but only just got into playing these past few years.

Hopefully i'll be able to expand my guitar collection shortly (i'll need to save up a bit first, though - a car is next on my list, though).

I've attached an image of the guitar I've got my eye on (its a Mark Knopfler signature strat) - I think it costs in the region of £1500 GBP.

There's a couple of juicy Gibsons out there i've also got my eye on, but they are a bit out of my price range at the moment, hehe

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0117800_xl.jpg (83.6 KB, 13 views)

01-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

And it would be even a smaller world if you actually knew him lol He use to run a web hosting company, but closed it down, after a partner of his tore him apart - business wise (fraud involved). Which is too bad since he was good at what he did. Now he works for something involving the cities system - I don't remember what exactly - its been a while since I spoke with him (he's been so busy lately).

-----

I think I'm one of few that don't really like Strats

I'm not sure what exactly what I don't like about them... probably the design, and the fact that it seems everyone has/plays a strat - they're so common.

Maybe that's just me

01-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Software:

Old

That's true - I might just know him (but I highly doubt it) - I don't know too many people these days to be honest, and I'm pretty sure I don't really know anyone who works for the council

Strats are definitely common, yeah - theres no denying that. The Strat gives me the sound for playing a lot of the earlier Dire Straits stuff (and at the moment it's the only electric guitar I have, so I don't have much of a choice), but I think as far as looks are concerned, certain Gibsons would be at the top of my list

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >