Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1225 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Design team

Thread title: Design team
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
02-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old  Design team

Talk about the design team here and what you think of it, You need to be a member of the design team to enter a contest. I am posting this to move the discussion from my contest to here I will get the rest of it split and moved here

02-05-2005, 10:22 PM
Imagenesis is offline Imagenesis
Software:

Imagenesis is on a distinguished road

Old

Indeed, I think that the design team is a good idea and it's not that hard to get in...Just to create a more professional atmosphere in the contests...Other than that I dont the guidliens into it should be very strict...

02-05-2005, 10:26 PM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

Robson has said that to get in the design team, your portfolio doesn't have to be good. So the crappy designers that pollute the forums with their sigs that you were talking about can easily get a portfolio and apply for the design team. The contest holder should be the one that decides if he wants design team members to participate only or if it is open to everyone.

Edit: Just to add on to my point. The contest holder isn't hiring anyone to do one-on-one design work for him. It's a contest. So why would you worry about the contest holder getting bad designs? If it's a bad design, he won't pick it as the winner. Very simple.

02-05-2005, 10:42 PM
Imagenesis is offline Imagenesis
Software:

Imagenesis is on a distinguished road

Old

Why have 500 replies of bad designs, besides having a bunch of bad designs isnt exactly the umber formula for more contests... Take a look at designout****.com ... or designcon****.net

02-05-2005, 10:47 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

The real motives behind it is to act as a goal (something for freelancers to work towards) it will eliminate the "crap" and also the people who use templates, rip others work etc. The idea is to create a decent, hard working team of freelancers who deserve to have the chance to compete agaisnt each other.

02-05-2005, 11:09 PM
sliceandcode is offline sliceandcode
Expertise:
Software:

sliceandcode is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Imagenesis
Why have 500 replies of bad designs, besides having a bunch of bad designs isnt exactly the umber formula for more contests... Take a look at designout****.com ... or designcon****.net
You also must look at the fact that the contest holder will browse the forums for talent before starting the contest. It's his/her choice if they decide to host the contest at the sites you mentioned. Look at yaXay, they get great entries in every contests.

And what are you talking about bad designs? BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT IN THE DESIGN TEAM, THEY'RE A BAD DESIGNER? Shut up.

02-05-2005, 11:15 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

And what are you talking about bad designs? BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT IN THE DESIGN TEAM, THEY'RE A BAD DESIGNER? Shut up.
Calm down Lets not bring ourselves to the level of throwing insults at each other, everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this issue. Now, yaxay is a huge community and would obviously get loads of entries, if you actually notice most are the same designers in every contest (the decent ones).

I guess at the end of the day, it's the contest holders choice if they wish to hold their contest here or some place else. Designoutpost and other forums have had alot of success with this method and i personally believe in the idea. We are a very small community and need to be alot bigger before the contests forum takes off (to the point where we can compare it to other places).

02-06-2005, 12:17 AM
ULTiMATE is offline ULTiMATE
Expertise:
Software:

ULTiMATE is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to ULTiMATE Send a message via AIM to ULTiMATE Send a message via MSN to ULTiMATE

Old

Theoretically, the Design Team isn't a bad idea. If it works, we will see.

02-06-2005, 12:29 AM
Stephen is offline Stephen
Expertise:
Software:

Stephen is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Stephen Send a message via MSN to Stephen

Old

IMO I think the design team should be brought in after the forum has grown in size but take it down for now. Just my opinion

02-06-2005, 01:07 AM
ispec067 is offline ispec067
Software:

ispec067 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to ispec067 Send a message via MSN to ispec067

Old

Yeah, I never got into the design team, so I just do contests over at yaxay. I figure my portfiolio isn't changing so I stopped submitting. Contests come frequently over at yaxay, the only real crap I've experienced was recently where I submitted a draft of a logo, and the contest holder loved it, but made a few comments on what to adjust, then some guy came in and copied my logo + the suggestions the guy made for me to fix it with so it qualified for being "inspired" in which I am getting screwed out of my original design. I guess a plus for you design team members is to not have some newb steal your original ideas.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >