Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2335 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Advertising Coupon Source

Thread title: Advertising Coupon Source
Closed Thread    
06-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Jako is on a distinguished road

Old  Advertising Coupon Source

How would you guys suggest I go about advertising Coupon Source?

Right now Bryan and I have only posted in some forums and blog sites. Other than that we haven't done any other form of advertising. We thought about purchasing some paid blog plugs and 468 x 60 advertisements on some hosting forums and domain forums, but we aren't sure about that yet.

Do you guys have any other methods or suggestions on how to advertise Coupon Source

Thanks

06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
feros is offline feros
Software:

feros is on a distinguished road

Old

Start by firing your programmer. Some people may not be as easily annoyed as me but, the first time I went there I saw the weird text floating over everything making stuff hard to read I instantly closed it. Luckily it was posted on all of the forums I visit so I found my way back o_0

But onto what you really asked ...

In my opinion Coupon.sc has much more potential to the domaining market. Sure people like to save money on hosting companies, but usually once they have it setup the first time they forget about the payments and just spend their time working on the site. But domainers are constantly buying new domains. I think you should really target ads at domainers more than hosting customers. That's just my opinion though.

I don't know if it woudl be against any guidelines but maybe a good idea would be to go to some popular domaining forums and just make a thread "Free Domain Coupons" ... actually list some in the thread so you don't get banned but put a huge plug for Coupon.sc in there too. "COURTESY OF COUPON.SC" - I dunno, just a thought.

06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
TheGrandBerry is offline TheGrandBerry
Expertise:
Software:

TheGrandBerry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to TheGrandBerry Send a message via MSN to TheGrandBerry

Old

I believe that Sticky Threads also work well too.

You can do this at Clan Templates and Web Hosting Talk.

You may also want to purchase a thread over at SitePoint, in which you can offer your services.

Another way I have found to attract visitors, is post on design forums in the "Design Critique" forum. Not only will you gain feedback, but you also gain visitors, and as your site will be of use to them, I guess it would be high value traffic. And best of all, this is free.

06-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by feros
Start by firing your programmer. Some people may not be as easily annoyed as me but, the first time I went there I saw the weird text floating over everything making stuff hard to read I instantly closed it. Luckily it was posted on all of the forums I visit so I found my way back o_0
Can you explain a bit more on what is wrong. The coder will bug fix any issues that come up. So I'll let him know ASAP.

06-19-2006, 08:33 PM
feros is offline feros
Software:

feros is on a distinguished road

Old

I'll take a screenshot and edit this post in 2 shakes ... (I pointed it out in the review thread though earlier)

It's all over the sidebar and the bottom too. Was just too lazy to take more than one screenshot.

06-19-2006, 09:06 PM
redrory is offline redrory
Expertise:
Software:

redrory is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by feros
I'll take a screenshot and edit this post in 2 shakes ... (I pointed it out in the review thread though earlier)

It's all over the sidebar and the bottom too. Was just too lazy to take more than one screenshot.
The site has been working fine for me, since its Launch.
What browser are you using?

06-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Jako is offline Jako
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by redrory
The site has been working fine for me, since its Launch.
What browser are you using?
I think he has an older version of firefox. Matt the coder has already been notified of these issues and is going to fix them.

Closed Thread