Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2070 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

Unique Gaming Website - Earn $$$ with affiliates

Thread title: Unique Gaming Website - Earn $$$ with affiliates
08-17-2009, 07:34 PM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old  Unique Gaming Website - Earn $$$ with affiliates

Hey Folks,
Today I have for sale a unique opportunity for everyone!
I have for sale http://www.gamecountdown.com - As you can see, it has a completely unique design, created by Anthony Bullock. Most of the coding has been completed, although there are some things which need to be finished, implemented and some bug fixes.

It is currently using wordpress with a custom plugin developed to show the javascript countdown, this is using custom fields. The screenshots, videos are all added via custom fields also.

Once the countdown is within a month, it will display: days, hours, minutes and seconds. Before this, it will display: 2 months, 3 months etc. Once the game has been released, it will display: Game Released!

So, how is this going to make money. Well, the first stage is to drive traffic, the keyword Game Countdown is searched around 27,000 times per month. The site, although incomplete already ranks on the first page. However, I was going to use a PPC system for each new game released. This is to drive buying customers to the site when a specific game is released, and to increase potential. Obviously a Pre-Order now button needs to be designed and placed on the website.

The other major thing which needs to be added, is the newsletter system. I was hoping to send out emails to people who had signed up, 1 month before the game is released, 2 weeks, 1 week and then 1 each day. All the while, promoting the affiliate link.

I was accepted into affiliate window with this concept, so it will be easy for others to also get accepted into similar programs.

Why am I selling? Well, as I've mentioned, a fair bit of work needs to go into this. I'm going back to university soon and need the money for books and going out (not going to lie!).

On the other hand, I realise that this site has a lot of potential and would like to at least recoup the costs of developing the site in the first place. I will start the bidding a price and leave it to run as an auction for a couple of days (I need a quick sale). Please note, the starting bid IS my reserve and thus I will sell at whatever price the auction reaches.

$200 for the design.
$140 for the coding thus far.
$50 for the domain name.

Starting Bid: $300
Bid Increments: $25
BIN: To Be Determined.

Hope you enjoy this auction!!

Cheers.
Sammy

08-18-2009, 10:15 AM
imchewee is offline imchewee
Software:

imchewee is on a distinguished road

Old

Can I see screenshots of the designs uncoded by any chance? As it is all over the place at the moment for me. Cheers!

08-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Software:

Old

Sure, I'll upload them and add them to the thread, cheers. Sammy

edit:
http://img199.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=gcsubpage.jpg

08-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Software:

Old

The domain has now been sold separately. Willing to let the rest go fairly cheaply!

Let me know of any interest!