Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1131 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Introductions :

Hello!

Thread title: Hello!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-20-2010, 01:38 AM
AntiTF is offline AntiTF
Software:

AntiTF is on a distinguished road

Old  Hello!

Hello everyone,
I'm a community and web developer posting from New York. I'm also a freelance graphic designer; along with debater, swimmer and student. I joined here on the whims of a fellow-designer, MsJacquiiC.

Personally, I will not actively be contributing. However, I will crawl the site like a little spider. Reason being, is being of the rude people here. This thread is the bare minimum to my reasoning of not participating. I'd just like to say how can you let users justify racism between a "diverse" company, and then allow the administration to nip it in the bud, with only the slightest of action - - "forward me the e-mails." One, it doesn't show you have authority over the community; two, it doesn't show you are willing to take action and three, it sure as hell doesn't make you look like an equal man.

Honestly, this whole community is obscure to me - but the designs here are fantastic. I know a few freelancers around these corners - and this forum would be a great source to keep up with their designs - but if this acting up continues on [even if the incident happened 2 years ago] I'll ask for my account to be deleted and pruned - - simple as that.

Great [not really] being here - and nice meeting you all.

01-20-2010, 01:46 AM
MsJacquiiC is offline MsJacquiiC
Expertise:
Software:

MsJacquiiC is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to MsJacquiiC Send a message via MSN to MsJacquiiC Send a message via Yahoo to MsJacquiiC

Old

Oh good gawd dude. Just for the record ==> DRAMA! lol
At anyrate - I've come to know that there are a lot of "elitists" here at TF. Some **** negative-repped me for saying "LOL" in a thread. That's never really good for inspiring member activity: having a gaggle of stuffy-heads around.

The racism thing was apparently not smiled upon by the TF Administration. I personally would have liked to know who exactly it was that wrote those horrid comments to me - but my wish in this matter was not granted. I don't know if the little foulness was banned or whatever, neither do I care really. I let bygones be bygones....

Anyway - if you are not outright banned from TF for having the username "AntiTF" ((HILARIOUS btw...)) ==> then welcome to the community hahahahha

Jacquii.

01-20-2010, 01:51 AM
AntiTF is offline AntiTF
Software:

Old

Well it seems the staff here aren't very level headed. Giving out an infraction for every rule you breach. And then three rules equal an infraction? What happened to warnings? I guess what a buddy said about biasness is true. You only get warned if you're reputable. Me, I'm not reputable - considering the foot I started on.

Well, AntiTF is a little ambiguous. It can mean anything under the sun. Anti Team Fortress, being Anti for the country code TLD, Anti Trauma Focused - hey -- it can mean anything. So if I'm banned for that, God help this here community.

Good seeing you Jacq, and I knew you'd love the name, you know I'm a nutcase.

01-20-2010, 01:53 AM
Dan is offline Dan
Software:

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Welcome to talkfreelance, I guess. (:

01-20-2010, 01:55 AM
AntiTF is offline AntiTF
Software:

Old

Thanks Dan, good meeting you. Your site is great. Is that your own code?

By the way, TF can also mean Anti Tooty Fruity. I'm against tooty fruity people? Eh.

01-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Send a message via AIM to MsJacquiiC Send a message via MSN to MsJacquiiC Send a message via Yahoo to MsJacquiiC

Old

Anti Tooty Fruity? Then you must really hate me bwaaaaahahahaaaa

I'm definitely a huge case of nuts in a lot of circumstances. But it's all good - everybody loves pecans right...?
Fruitcake with really huge pecans is good good good....

Jacquii.

01-20-2010, 02:08 AM
AntiTF is offline AntiTF
Software:

Old

Sorry, I forget you're a fruitcake with nuts.

01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

lmao ((hope I don't get negative rep for laughing my @ss off ))

Jacquii.

01-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

Oh, hello.

With regards to the comments about the administration here, that hurts. Really. You probably wouldn't find a more head-on-shoulders admin around.

I will not allow racist attacks of any form. It's that simple. I can't stop people from doing it, but can act when it happens. In this case mentioned the "slightest of action" went far beyond "forward me the e-mails". To assume otherwise is just juvenile.

Regarding, "One, it doesn't show you have authority over the community; two, it doesn't show you are willing to take action and three, it sure as hell doesn't make you look like an equal man." If having authority over the community means no-one will ever be a douche, that sounds pretty boring to me not to mention unattainable within this kind of community. Right, investigating and issue and punishing those involved isn't taking action... OK. As for being an equal man, I've no idea what it means to be an "equal man" (equal to whom, what? perhaps it's a turn of phrase I'm not privvy to) but I'm certainly not racist if that's what you were implying.

Finally, about only punishing "reputable" members. Haha, if only.

P.S. Welcome to TalkFreelance, AntiTF.

01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
santa is offline santa
Expertise: Design, HTML
Software: Espresso, Photoshop, Mail.app

santa is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to santa Send a message via AIM to santa Send a message via MSN to santa Send a message via Yahoo to santa Send a message via Skype™ to santa

Old

Wait, I know who you are :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >