Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1918 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Tutorial Template

Thread title: Tutorial Template
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
06-24-2006, 07:12 PM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Rannek is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Rannek

Old  Tutorial Template

Hey, my buddy made most of this, but I added a lot of content in there along with some adjustments on the graphics and such. Him and I want to know what you guys think about this. We're we also thinking of using it on a TGT (thegrandtutorial) script. But the only problem is, the script won't like you put a template like this in there . Any suggestions?

http://www.megatuts.com/portfolio/tutorial.html

Click the image in the preview to visit the next page (3 pages)

Any ideas on what to put it on (since TGT won't work). I was thinking of just going it by like HTML/PHP or something, but that'd be a lot of work considering we're going to be adding a tutorial daily. Maybe turn it into a blog and make tutorials that way? Also, we want suggestions on the template itself and what to add / remove on it! Thanks

06-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Old

0 Replies | 1 View

There's a 99% chance no one will view this unless I bump it since it's already down to the 5th topic on the list with 1 view (mine)... Please if someone could, we need some suggestions .

06-24-2006, 07:41 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Haha i'll give you a review. Its format is similar to a lot of tutorial websites. This could be a plus and a minus. Maybe try something different, bring something new to the market maybe?

I like the colors, they are easy on the eyes (for me atleast). Go over your site, and say to yourself, would i go to this site? If not, figure out why.

It seems like you own megatuts, which has been mega popular (was that a pun?). I would say you should invest your time into megatuts instead, and give me this design (joke)

Hope that helps

06-24-2006, 07:46 PM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by JamesH
Haha i'll give you a review. Its format is similar to a lot of tutorial websites. This could be a plus and a minus. Maybe try something different, bring something new to the market maybe?

I like the colors, they are easy on the eyes (for me atleast). Go over your site, and say to yourself, would i go to this site? If not, figure out why.

It seems like you own megatuts, which has been mega popular (was that a pun?). I would say you should invest your time into megatuts instead, and give me this design (joke)

Hope that helps
Thanks James. The reason we decided to put it in this format / layout is because it's something that can be transformed into a blog / TGT. The Grand Tutorial script isn't very customizable so I decided to put something like it so it's skinable.

However, we figured out we can't use this for TGT because the script won't allow you to have seperate top bars (see like announcements / categories, etc.. 2 different bars). They all have to be the same and repeat 1pixel. So then i thought what about a blog?!

BTW, if you haven't already heard, megatuts was sold ! I might be investing in another project like so though! Thanks for the review !

06-24-2006, 09:09 PM
hairyfreak is offline hairyfreak
Software:

hairyfreak is on a distinguished road

Old

That's a very nice layout, you did a great job designing that. The colours you used are very appealing, and it is very nicely set out. I can see it being easy to use, and with a layout like that, I would definately come back to the site.
Great job

06-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by hairyfreak
That's a very nice layout, you did a great job designing that. The colours you used are very appealing, and it is very nicely set out. I can see it being easy to use, and with a layout like that, I would definately come back to the site.
Great job
Thanks, main props goes to Ben though. I just did some minor adjustments / text.

06-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Ben. is offline Ben.
Expertise:
Software:

Ben. is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Ben.

Old

Cheers dude

06-25-2006, 12:19 AM
Shanks is offline Shanks
Software:

Shanks is on a distinguished road

Old

Looks good, but I would recommend tweaking the anti-aliasing on the header text. It looks jaggedy.

06-25-2006, 02:37 AM
Rannek is offline Rannek
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by .:[r]:.
Looks good, but I would recommend tweaking the anti-aliasing on the header text. It looks jaggedy.
It's probably the drop shadow / stroke (with a gradient style of effect) that is catching your eye. I'll see what I can do about it . Thanks!

06-25-2006, 06:17 AM
Sam is offline Sam
Expertise:
Software:

Sam is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Sam Send a message via AIM to Sam Send a message via MSN to Sam Send a message via Yahoo to Sam

Old

i don't really like the header image (text) and what are textadvitisements?

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >