Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1879 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

What CPM rate?

Thread title: What CPM rate?
Closed Thread    
10-03-2005, 06:11 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old  What CPM rate?

I'm reworking the advertising prices on Talkfreelance in the coming months, i'm just wondering how you come up with CPM rates for your traffic? I mean, we all know sites like webhostingtalk have very high CTR for their "quality traffic" but what makes it quality? Is it to do with the demographics of their site....e.g Age of the users, length visitors browse, ctr etc.

If you're the owner of a forum/website, what do you charge for your traffic and why did you decide on that price? I'm just curious as to how you price your traffic.

Any help appreciated.

10-05-2005, 06:14 PM
Freakz is offline Freakz
Expertise:
Software:

Freakz is on a distinguished road

Old

Being a forum you should charge less per CPM than a regular website because an individual person clicks around a lot more in a forum (pageviews) than a typical website, and generally the CTR is low. If I were you, I would base the price of CPM by your CTR rate for the banners you've run in the past. Is it high, average, or low? Based on that you can decide what your CPM will be. I typically see CPM rates between $1 - $5

10-06-2005, 04:07 AM
ldcdc is offline ldcdc
Software:

ldcdc is on a distinguished road

Old

WHT also has the advantage of being highly focused on its topic, not to mention that the cost of gaining a hosting customer sometimes get close to $100, so there are hosts out there willing to pay quite a bit. In WHT's case branding is also a reason for advertisers to have their ads in front of visitors.

On smaller forums I gather that the CTR (which is quite depended on the placement of the ad) would influence the CPM price most.

That said, adding ads at the bottom of the forum would probably the easiest way to add some 50%+ to the revenue, provided that you manage to find enough advertisers to cover most of the now double number of impressions you would have to sell.

10-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Hey Dan, good to see you here

I haven't thought about adding footer adverts and probably never will. I'm just interested in bringing some more revenue to the site.

10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
seen.to is offline seen.to
Expertise:
Software:

seen.to is on a distinguished road

Old

Going rate for exposure on quality sites is $1,000 per 1,000,000 impressions. Maybe you should consider selling the space to an agency to take care of?

10-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Going rate for exposure on quality sites is $1,000 per 1,000,000 impressions. Maybe you should consider selling the space to an agency to take care of?
I've actually been contacted by a company who works with fastclick who wants to buy the lot....we're working on something, we cleared 1,000,000 page views last month.

10-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by Robson
I'm reworking the advertising prices on Talkfreelance in the coming months, i'm just wondering how you come up with CPM rates for your traffic? I mean, we all know sites like webhostingtalk have very high CTR for their "quality traffic" but what makes it quality? Is it to do with the demographics of their site....e.g Age of the users, length visitors browse, ctr etc.

If you're the owner of a forum/website, what do you charge for your traffic and why did you decide on that price? I'm just curious as to how you price your traffic.

Any help appreciated.
The fact that much money is exchanged because of the website and the fact that most people viewing it are looking to buy or invest in such makes it much higher grade.

10-08-2005, 03:20 AM
Freakz is offline Freakz
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I've actually been contacted by a company who works with fastclick who wants to buy the lot....we're working on something, we cleared 1,000,000 page views last month.
Wow, sounds good. Another option to consider is using Adbrite.com

10-11-2005, 12:25 AM
Freakz is offline Freakz
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Did you end up working anything out with Fastclick?

10-11-2005, 02:39 AM
seen.to is offline seen.to
Expertise:
Software:

seen.to is on a distinguished road

Old

Nice one mate FastClick are a good company.

Closed Thread