Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1127 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Looking For / Wanting to Sell Products     Websites :

Established Online Business Blog

Thread title: Established Online Business Blog
Closed Thread    
05-25-2007, 03:51 PM
feros is offline feros
Software:

feros is on a distinguished road

Old  Established Online Business Blog

URL: netbusinessblog.com
Established: 7 Jan 2007
Uniques/Month: 15,000
Page views/month: 25,000
Monthly Revenue: $1,200-$1,500
PageRank: 5
Listed on SitePoint Also: http://www.sitepoint.com/marketplace/auction/8514

Starting Bid: $5,000
BIN: $20,000

Description:

Net Business Blog is a blog dedicated to helping its readers improve their internet income through a variety of earning avenues. The blog has content on marketing, minisites, affiliate marketing, domaining, SEO, social media, blogging, current events, and a ton more.

I have worked very hard to make this a respectable blog and protect its reputation. The blog was launched on January 7th, but has already become an authority in the industry. Traffic and revenue have been consistent since the first week and are growing daily without anything spent in advertising since early Feb.

Some general points of interest:

- averages 1,450 feedreaders per day; growing daily
- has a PR5 and a 20,000 Alexa rank
- is ranked 3,900 by Technorati (which is pretty good)
- currently has 302 members in MyBlogLog community
- currently has 188 posts with 2,500 comments (average of 13 comments per post)
- custom design and coding with a custom plugin to manage the featured posts (green box at the top)
- has been Digg and Reddit frontpaged numerous times and has a ton of del.icio.us backlinks; growing daily
- domains netbusinessblog.com, netbusinessblog.net, and netbusinessblog.org included
- contains a TON of flagship content that may easily be converted/bundled into ebooks

I will be happy to answer any questions about the blog, so feel free to contact me.

*****I WILL ONLY ACCEPT ESCROW*****

You can contact me by replying here, PM, email (mattc [at] pwstudios [dot] com), AIM (pwstudiosdotcom), or MSN (pwstudios@hotmail.com). IM is probably the best way to contact me if you have specific questions.

Oh and since it is always asked: Why am I selling the site? I've decided to move out of the "make money online" niche not because it isn't profitable but because I just am enjoying other projects in different niches more and want more time to pursue them.

Revenue Details:

Revenue comes from a number of different sources, but the two main earners are paid reviews and direct ad sales. April saw $1,500 and May is getting close to that - the average, however, has been around $1,200. Revenue comes from Text Link Ads, Advolcano, PPP, ReviewMe, SponsoredReviews.com, MaxBounty, CJ, SEOBook, FeedBurner Ad Network, and others. I can provide a more specific breakdown for SERIOUS bidders via IM or PM.

A couple things to note are:

- Adsense has not been placed on new posts since April (although old posts still have them on it); doing so would *probably* double Adsense revenue

- Almost all advertisers expire in the first week of June; I stopped marketing my ad inventory so that the new owner could start making his money back as soon as he got the site

- Kontera ran on the site for about 2 weeks and made at least as much as Adsense, but I removed it because I didn't like it

- More sponsored reviews can be done to really increase revenue, but I limited it to 2 per week to keep my readers from being overwhelmed by paid posts

- NO EXPENSES - the only money invested since February would be man hours; hosting has been free although I cannot promise that it will continue to be free for the new owner. So worst case scenario you have to invest $20/mo into new hosting.

- Was approached by TradePub to create a custom magazine portal for NBB but never got around to setting it up; would be a great way to monetize the site

Traffic Details:

I have done absolutely no advertising since very early February! All traffic since then has been completely natural.

Average page views per month is 25,000 but is highly targeted and consistent. Traffic comes from all over. The blog is linked to from about 6k websites and has I believe somewhere in the ballpark of 11k backlinks total (according to SEOMoz).

Some top referral stats for May:
Direct - 33.05%
Google - 16%
StumbleUpon - 4%
Other - 32%

More stats (via Google Analytics) are attached.

Server stats are very small with only about 300MB disk space used and ~20GB of monthly bandwidth. BW can be decreased by installing WP-Cache.

05-25-2007, 05:42 PM
JamesH is offline JamesH
Expertise:
Software:

JamesH is on a distinguished road

Old

Why?!?!?! Oops, just read it. Good luck with future endeavors, just please sell this site to somebody who will update it as well as you did - it was on my daily read list and it helped me make my first $1 online.

05-25-2007, 06:04 PM
feros is offline feros
Software:

feros is on a distinguished road

Old

Who's sayinig I won't be blogging there every once and a while anymore?

05-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Edder is offline Edder
Expertise:
Software:

Edder is on a distinguished road

Old

I just wanted to wish you best of luck with the sale. In addition to the quality content, NBB's reputation and readership are things you won't often find in the marketplace.

Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
just please sell this site to somebody who will update it as well as you did - it was on my daily read list and it helped me make my first $1 online.
Haven't you read his blog? It is (was) one of the most underrated resources I've come across.

05-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Oliver is offline Oliver
Expertise: Investment, SEO, Marketing
Software: After Effects, Photoshop, Maya

Oliver is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to Oliver

Old

Wow, sorry to see you're selling this. It's a fantastic site, good luck with the sale. Easily worth the money in my opinion...

Closed Thread