Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2016 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

How to promote a local web design company?

Thread title: How to promote a local web design company?
Closed Thread    
01-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Sam Granger is offline Sam Granger
Expertise:
Software:

Sam Granger is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Sam Granger

Old  How to promote a local web design company?

Hey fellow TF'ers. I am starting up a new web design firm (registered and all) and was wondering how I should go about spreading the word in my local community? All advice is really appreciated! Looking at businesses.

01-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Gatt is offline Gatt
Expertise: Design & Development
Software: Photoshop

Gatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to Gatt Send a message via Skype™ to Gatt

Old

I'd say find some local websites in Holland, then contact them via PHONE, EMAIL and ask to place ads on their site. To start a sucessfull buisness you must invest a lot of money. This is the best way to start small and spread the word to a few.

Next you need to find some friends in the area, spread the word in their local buisness places such as (Offices) and maybe people will be interested.

01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
MK3Design is offline MK3Design
Software:

MK3Design is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to MK3Design Send a message via MSN to MK3Design

Old

bump for the same question

But there is allways the 'services' part in the newspaper you can advertise your services in. Also the radio..not sure how mush $$ either of them are though.

01-22-2007, 05:00 AM
covantage is offline covantage
Expertise:
Software:

covantage is on a distinguished road

Old

Put a bulletin on as many free message boards that you can find.

01-22-2007, 05:29 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Send out flyers, give out business cards to everyone you meet, network with anyone and everyone, radio ads, car stickers...the list is endless. What you really need to do is find the ones that result in the greatest conversion rate for the least cost. So far I have found business cards and word of mouth are the best.

02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Alan - MTC is offline Alan - MTC
Software:

Alan - MTC is on a distinguished road

Old

I run a very succesfull web design company in our area.

To get started we hired a telesales guy who was paid a small salary and comission, he would look for people with bad sites then phone them to see if they were wanting them redesigned.

We also advertised on google, as well as local yellow pages, which is a directory of bussinesses.

At the start you should do work for just as cheap as possible to get any work, as your portfolio grows and people can see they you are credible and can do good work then you can start to increase you prices to start making a living. Every site you do with a link on the bottom of it to your site is another advert for you. You should even do sites for free for higher profile companies if you have nothing else to do, a lot more productive than waiting for work.

02-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Flowsion is offline Flowsion
Software:

Flowsion is on a distinguished road

Old

Do some cheap stuff first.

02-10-2007, 07:13 PM
kork is offline kork
Software:

kork is on a distinguished road

Old

First off, if you don't have a portfolio, get a job in the industry. You will not succeed if you have no real work. Even if you do get clients, You'll attract low end clients and they will become your bane in time. Those who choose on price will be the first to leave.

I disagree with nearly every statement made above...

"To start a sucessfull buisness you must invest a lot of money"

Depends on what "a lot" of money is... I bought all my software for 5k and computers are pretty cheap... Compare that to a brick and mortar business and you're laughing.

While I generally agree with Julian, I don't agree with the method as being most effective.
"Send out flyers, give out business cards to everyone you meet, network with anyone and everyone, radio ads, car stickers"

Again, disagree... That's like throwing paint against the wall and hoping that some of it sticks... This method can attract the wrong people who can waste your time. I once asked an interatictive company owner why they didn't advertise in the phone book. Their response was "because we don't want the clients who look in the phone book". Hunt your clients and keep after them... Pick 5 local businesses to start with, learn about them and understand them and offer them solutions that will solve their communication challenges.

"Do some cheap stuff first."

Horrible advice. Instead, find local charities and Non-profits and offer them your services as a donation. Businesses and members of NPO's often have $ and you need to be in their headspace. If you have a common interest supporting a local cause then it gives you an in for potential work.

"You should even do sites for free for higher profile companies if you have nothing else to do, a lot more productive than waiting for work."

ummmm... wrong. If you have nothing else to do, then you should be out ground pounding trying to find paying clients.

Okay, I'm done. Time to go work on some projects.

Closed Thread