Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1306 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Web Hosting and Domain Names :

Need to find a Host...

Thread title: Need to find a Host...
Closed Thread    
11-19-2005, 03:25 AM
Aphex is offline Aphex
Expertise:
Software:

Aphex is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Aphex Send a message via MSN to Aphex

Old  Need to find a Host...

Hey guys, long time no see. I need a little bit of help as far as finding a host...

DotEasy.com has unmetered bandwidth hosting and 20Gb of space for 9.95 a month, which is really awesome compared to other hosts. However, their domain names are expensive ($25 per year). I wouldn't mind paying that, however, I've already paid for my domain name for $18 for 2 years thanks to GoDaddy. DotEasy also has a $35 transfer fee to transfer domains, which is a little rediculous. So, I'd have spent a good $50 to tranfer my domain (and losing a year of registration).

So, I am searching for a host that can shadow DotEasy with unmetered bandwidth and cheap monthly fees (that will let me maintain my own domain).

DotEasy plan comparisons

Thanks in advance!

11-19-2005, 06:36 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

I do believe with DotEasy you are still able to maintain your own domain.

11-19-2005, 10:58 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Yeah, you should be able to just edit the nameservers on GoDaddy to point to DotEasy I have hosting with site5 but domains with namecheap.

11-19-2005, 01:39 PM
Aphex is offline Aphex
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Well yes, I can do that, but then what? They don't allow you to change or edit your domain on their service. I already have a site that I manage for a client on DotEasy, and I've checked it out. The domain is tied with the hosting - the domain must be linked to the service you have.

11-19-2005, 01:41 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

All you need to do is point the DNS servers from the domain in GoDaddy to your hosting provider, that doesn't cost anything.

11-19-2005, 02:38 PM
Aphex is offline Aphex
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Right, but to sign up for hosting, you must either transfer the domain, or purchase a new one. I already have a domain, so they would make me transfer with a $35 fee, AND make me pay $25/year for domain registration.

I found one hosting provider, midPhase, but they seem a little sketchy - good, but a little sketchy.

11-19-2005, 04:15 PM
Jen is offline Jen
Expertise:
Software:

Jen is on a distinguished road

Old

"To sign up for hosting, you must either transfer the domain or purchase a new one"

I don't quite get you. When you sign up for hosting, you only change the nameservers.

11-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Aphex is offline Aphex
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Can you just check out DotEasy? Go read the FAQ, if I want to switch hosting to them, and purchased a domain name elsewhere, I need them to transfer the domain to their OWN registrar. Its the only way they work. I know about nameservers and DNS and all of that about domains, but DotEasy will not allow me to do that - I MUST switch my GoDaddy purchased domain to DotEasy's own registrar and pay them $25/year after that, and $35 for the transfer.

Think of it as a domain monopoly... My domain has to be transferred to their registrar before I can sign up for hosting on them. I don't get it either, its a pretty nasty way of business, but oh well for me.

No one is really helping here - I know that I don't want to use DotEasy, I want something with unmetered bandwidth, and some hefty space, and better domain management.

11-19-2005, 05:33 PM
dan1088352 is offline dan1088352
Expertise:
Software:

dan1088352 is on a distinguished road

Old

be warned about doteasy
http://www.webhostingunleashed.com/r...om-reviews.htm

and there is no such thing as unlimited hosting, it is simply impossible. this is an old saying, but somehow people think it is expired: if it looks to good to be true, it likely is

but if you insist to look for the unmetered scams, www.technolojik.net

here are the not so good parts of doteasy's ToS

All page error requests (such as 403 errors or 404 errors) direct traffic to a default Doteasy error page. This page informs visitors that the page they are looking for cannot be found and it may include such things as, without limitation (i) links to additional products and services offered by Doteasy, (ii) advertisements for products and services offered by third-parties, and (iii) an internet search engine interface.

All outgoing email messages being sent from Doteasy servers may carry an email footer "Trailer Message" which may identify Doteasy as your service provider as well as promote services offered by Doteasy or services offered by third parties.

Members who have purchased domain name registrations from other service providers may receive Doteasy Services, without any term restriction, upon the payment of the one-time $35.00 Transfer Hosting Fee (referred to as "Transfer Hosting Fee").

Current service charges include the following (non-exclusive list):
Transfer Hosting Fee $35.00
account re-activation fee $15.00
late payment charge $15.00
plan change (downgrade) fee $15.00
chargeback service charge $25.00
SPAM re-activation fee $25.00

(ii) Review any accout for excessive space or bandwidth utilization and to suspend Service to those accounts that exceeds allowed levels;

funny, I thought they where unlimited.

Closed Thread