Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2305 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

starting a coding business?

Thread title: starting a coding business?
09-01-2009, 04:23 AM
jasonm56 is offline jasonm56
Expertise: xhtml/css, jquery, php, mysql
Software:

jasonm56 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jasonm56

Old  starting a coding business?

So I know web design is not my strong point at all, but I have been getting really efficient at web coding. In a matter of a few days, I will have a few, fully coded examples. I was wondering how people start a business coding, not designing. Everything I have done so far was designed and coded by me, but Im not sure if the designs are good enough to use as examples.

Also, would I need to learn php/java/flash if I would want to mostly just do coding work or is html/css enough?

09-01-2009, 11:58 PM
bacterozoid is offline bacterozoid
Software:

bacterozoid is on a distinguished road

Old

If you wanted to do coding (aka programming), HTML and CSS aren't enough - those are design languages...you can't write dynamic applications with HTML and CSS - they lack the functionality.

If you're interested in writing good programs for the web, PHP and JavaScript are a must. PHP is very popular and JavaScript (not Java) is required for dynamic integration with your page.

Avoid Java - it's bloated, slow, and not where things are moving.

To start a business coding, you need to be good at what you do and have products and solutions that meet the needs of businesses.

09-02-2009, 02:51 AM
jasonm56 is offline jasonm56
Expertise: xhtml/css, jquery, php, mysql
Software:

jasonm56 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to jasonm56

Old

Originally Posted by bacterozoid View Post
If you wanted to do coding (aka programming), HTML and CSS aren't enough - those are design languages...you can't write dynamic applications with HTML and CSS - they lack the functionality.

If you're interested in writing good programs for the web, PHP and JavaScript are a must. PHP is very popular and JavaScript (not Java) is required for dynamic integration with your page.

Avoid Java - it's bloated, slow, and not where things are moving.

To start a business coding, you need to be good at what you do and have products and solutions that meet the needs of businesses.
thanks, I figured css/html wasnt enough unless i happen to find people wanting their templates coded lol. I think I might be working more on my design and well, time to start php!

09-05-2009, 08:13 AM
danyul_92 is offline danyul_92
Software:

danyul_92 is on a distinguished road

Old

In my opinion, it's good to hire someone who knows PHP/Javascript/MYSQL etc, like said HTML and CSS is not enough to get alot of business, push further onto XHTML and if you can do learn PHP

Good luck if you decide to take on this project.