Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1844 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

want suggestion?

Thread title: want suggestion?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
Kunal singh is offline Kunal singh
Software:

Kunal singh is on a distinguished road

Old  want suggestion?

How I get high page rank and good back link free what I do for increase my website back link.

04-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Kevin112 is offline Kevin112
Software:

Kevin112 is on a distinguished road

Old

Unless you're selling links (which is frowned down up by Google) I honestly don't see much benefit in having a high PR anymore as you should be much more concerned about your actual rankings instead of the PR which is still somewhat useful but not as significant. I have plenty of low PR sites that outrank higher PR sites for some popular keywords so I don't really care much about it anymore.

04-26-2010, 09:41 AM
LynnStone is offline LynnStone
Software:

LynnStone is on a distinguished road

Old

yeah kevin is right..PR is useless if u dont sell links..but still lot of people care about PR..do backlinking inn high pr sites will help u to get pr for u too..

04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Kunal singh is offline Kunal singh
Software:

Kunal singh is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Kevin112 View Post
Unless you're selling links (which is frowned down up by Google) I honestly don't see much benefit in having a high PR anymore as you should be much more concerned about your actual rankings instead of the PR which is still somewhat useful but not as significant. I have plenty of low PR sites that outrank higher PR sites for some popular keywords so I don't really care much about it anymore.
thanks dear kevin for this nice suggestion. I will try it. thanks.

05-11-2010, 10:16 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Originally Posted by Kevin112 View Post
So do you mind sharing what guidelines you have (for the rest of us) about increasing SERPS for popular keywords. I'm assuming you're doing keyword research, then incorporating that organically into your content.

05-22-2010, 11:17 AM
weblover50 is offline weblover50
Software:

weblover50 is on a distinguished road

Old

having high PR actually doesn't influence your site in anyway... you keep building back links using traditional techs like article marketing, directory, blog commenting, etc. This will increase SERP and automatically gets you PR.

07-01-2010, 07:37 AM
lstmin is offline lstmin
Software:

lstmin is on a distinguished road

Old

I totally agree with the majority. PR is not something to be obsessed with, we shouldn't focus on it, or set it as our main goal. From my point of view, PR is just a guideline, it gives a general idea about a website. The closest this number is to 10, the better it sounds, but I have too seen low pr sites to rank much better than some high pr sites, for certain keywords/phrases.

07-01-2010, 12:25 PM
DanceFever is offline DanceFever
Software:

DanceFever is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by lstmin View Post
I totally agree with the majority. PR is not something to be obsessed with, we shouldn't focus on it, or set it as our main goal. From my point of view, PR is just a guideline, it gives a general idea about a website. The closest this number is to 10, the better it sounds, but I have too seen low pr sites to rank much better than some high pr sites, for certain keywords/phrases.
If that is the case, why, pray tell are people obsessed with it? I mean I am here to learn about earning online and I have read people who are concerned with their PR. Not necessarily in this forum by the way.

07-01-2010, 04:45 PM
whateverdood is offline whateverdood
Expertise: tech god
Software:

whateverdood is on a distinguished road

Old

Dancefever, pagerank does matter, so does alexa ranking. When it comes to monetizing a site. They are symbols of a sites popularity/status.

But they're not the only consideration. Other ways to build up traffic to a website that are independent of PR/alexa. If someone is doing the right things to promote a website. Pagerank/etc should develop on its own.

OT: Directory and article submission. Social bookmarking and PPC ( pay per click ) campaigns. Reciprocal link exchange with related sites. Search engine submission ( couldnt hurt I guess.) Blogging, keyword research, use of SEO tools and making sure your site is SEO friendly. But more than that .... READING !!!

Learning something as complicated as SEO and the rest of it. Takes friggin hours/hours/more hours and then ... HOURS of reading. Nobody is going to tell you a magic way, you can push 4 buttons and BAM your site is worth millions. Have to pay your due's like everybody else.

Thanked by:
DanceFever (07-02-2010)
07-02-2010, 02:45 AM
DanceFever is offline DanceFever
Software:

DanceFever is on a distinguished road

Old

Wow. That was an eyeful to read but I totally get what you wrote about. So what you are actually saying is that if you do what people neglect to do because they deem those unimportant... you are actually building a better rank than just exchanging of links or something like that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >