Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1583 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

back to the drawing board //

Thread title: back to the drawing board //
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
01-30-2005, 07:26 AM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old  back to the drawing board //

like everyone else, and especially me, i've grown bored of my latest designs. i'm aiming for something that has that straight up, clean interface you see with more corporate fortune 500 websites like www.sbigroup.com/razorfish or www.conceptinc.net but it has a twist of eye candy for that nice personal touch; something that says "i design for you".

the vibe i've been getting from my last design doesn't say that to me, it screams "i'm boring like a blog". i sat down and looked at a few websites that projected the feeling i was after and analyzed why i got it, idenfiying wich pieces made me see it and i got some ideas for some good templates.

so after mixing and matching my last ideas together with the concepts i beileve convey the image i'm after, i've come up with this new design. something i don't find nearly as faceless as my last design, which is a very big bonus. i've managed to bring the vector concept in much more clearly this time which i believe adds to the 'face adding' making this a more identifaiable design.

i believe this design is much more suitable for what i want then my last attempt. finally, i decided to take a weekend away from my computer and come home and really plan this thing out and figure out why i haven't found something that meets what i'm looking for until now.

i really hope i can actually finnish and launch this one, and i'd like some feedback on what you think.

got milk? //

01-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Imagenesis is offline Imagenesis
Software:

Imagenesis is on a distinguished road

Old

The menu is huge even in 1280x1040...I can't imagine what it would be like in 800x640...

01-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Picard102 is offline Picard102
Software:

Picard102 is on a distinguished road

Old

Uh.. are you sure the www.conceptinc.net is the correct link?
Menu is a bit overpowering, and I don't know what the break in the background is for but it should go, draws they eyes away.

01-30-2005, 06:57 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

it's http://www.conceptinc.ca not .net, i always mix that one up.

i'm on a 1024x768 resolution right now, and i personally, don't find the menu to be that intrusive.

01-30-2005, 11:19 PM
CEStudios is offline CEStudios
Software:

CEStudios is on a distinguished road

Old

OK i want to ask did you design this completly in photoshop, and if so did you design it in parts and put it all in one, like did you design the header then save it then start a new one and design another part. Then if you didnt what canvas size do you use for a website? I have sketched out a rough html design for my new site. I am going to do it in html, i feel like i will be able to make it more informative and professional looking that way.
-Edit-
By the way i really love the design, very sharp looking.

01-31-2005, 01:18 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by CEStudios
OK i want to ask did you design this completly in photoshop, and if so did you design it in parts and put it all in one, like did you design the header then save it then start a new one and design another part. Then if you didnt what canvas size do you use for a website? I have sketched out a rough html design for my new site. I am going to do it in html, i feel like i will be able to make it more informative and professional looking that way.
-Edit-
By the way i really love the design, very sharp looking.
thanks.

it's all one file. the menu was done in illustrator so i couuld get crisper curves and strokes, but it can be done in photoshop just as easily with the pen tool. for the header i didn't bother going to illustrator because the vector elements were very flat and i didn't want to wait for it to open again.

i design for 800x600 resolutions, so i keep my widths around 750 or less.. and well height doesn't matter, i expect it very from page to page.

you can make different pieces in seperate files but i don't see the point in that. al in one files gives a better impression of how it's going to turn out. and i code my stuff with my good friend notepad.

01-30-2005, 11:47 PM
Michael is offline Michael
Software:

Michael is on a distinguished road

Old

The background is neat, the header is nice, the menu, is huge in my opinion and the menu texxt is alsol pretty big, mayube bring it down a bit. rather then that it's pretty nice !

01-30-2005, 11:58 PM
Software:

Old

CEStudios...What I do is I make all my web sites in Photoshop in one file...I make a a 800x800 psd and then make everything from there...I then open it in Imageready and slice it up in there...I'm not sure about you guys...

01-31-2005, 01:48 AM
CEStudios is offline CEStudios
Software:

CEStudios is on a distinguished road

Old

One other question where did u get the brushes to do all that. And are the lines over the bottom part of the header a brush? Or a texture and if its a texture where do you get more than what it comes with? Im new to photo shop i just got Photoshop CS the other day. Im re-designing my site in it.

01-31-2005, 01:54 AM
Software:

Old

Make your own brushes...Make a small file and make the brush image..then save it as a brush preset...same with patterns...Which is what I'm pretty sure he is using...

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >