Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1926 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

mike.fro BEWARE!!

Thread title: mike.fro BEWARE!!
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
09-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Imac is offline Imac
Expertise:
Software:

Imac is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to Imac Send a message via MSN to Imac

Old  mike.fro BEWARE!!

Ok so i sold the blindnerd.com package too mike.fro for $200. This was several months ago. I am now in a dispute with paypal about a bank chargeback. Which i think is due too the fact he regretted buying it and he couldn't sell on.

He ignored all my msn messages even though he is online.
If he manages too somehow get his money back i will sue his ass too the ground. So my message is simply avoid transactions with this man.

mike.fro -- beware!!!

09-27-2007, 01:04 AM
Andrew R is offline Andrew R
Expertise:
Software:

Andrew R is on a distinguished road

Old

He has been banned temporarily. This has happened with many other people as well (almost $2,000 in total chargebacks). Apparently his credit card was stolen, then he reported it missing to his bank, who thought that all the paypal charges were not by him (why they would automatically chargeback those without his approval, not sure), hence the chargebacks. He says all the money should be paid back soon.

(There was also like a 3 page thread on this, I'm sure it's still on the first page, too).

09-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Awesome is offline Awesome
Expertise:
Software:

Awesome is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Andrew R View Post
He has been banned temporarily. This has happened with many other people as well (almost $2,000 in total chargebacks). Apparently his credit card was stolen, then he reported it missing to his bank, who thought that all the paypal charges were not by him (why they would automatically chargeback those without his approval, not sure), hence the chargebacks. He says all the money should be paid back soon.

(There was also like a 3 page thread on this, I'm sure it's still on the first page, too).
Different story than he told me. Friggin annoying. I told paypal what happened, knowing full well my $ is gone regardless. Such is life I suppose.

09-27-2007, 01:40 AM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

He's a scammer.

09-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ah, well the story I told was what he said in the Sin Bin..

I reported my credit card stolen because it was and my credit card company messed up and reversed all paypal charges because they thought it was all unauthorized.

It's all being taken care of.

If thats a scam, im shocked.

Please, tell me how that is preventable? A mistake that my credit card company made? Come on now. You guys didn't even attempt to get the full story. Not once was I contacted. How is that fair?

09-27-2007, 01:53 AM
Imac is offline Imac
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Answer me this one. Who would steal your credit card and purchase things from a forum he is a member off? If i stole a credit card i wouldnt use it too buy domains lol. Shame there is such a number amongst us. You guys seem like you have given up. Unlike you my father is a very well known lawyer so lets see what i can sue for LOL! Mike you will be mine.

09-27-2007, 01:56 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Imac View Post
Answer me this one. Who would steal your credit card and purchase things from a forum he is a member off? If i stole a credit card i wouldnt use it too buy domains lol. Shame there is such a number amongst us. You guys seem like you have given up. Unlike you my father is a very well known lawyer so lets see what i can sue for LOL! Mike you will be mine.
Well, let me put it this way.

1. How is the burglar supposed to know that he is a member?
2. How it the credit card company supposed to know what he does for a living, and who he does deals with?

Also, if your father is a well known lawyer, then a couple hundred $ won't mean much to you (depending if you live with him or whatnot).

09-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Ooops!

09-27-2007, 01:55 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I'm not disagreeing with you; I'm just bringing it up because if it was an honest mistake I wouldn't think he'd have any reason to tell a different story to different people.

Originally Posted by Imac View Post
You guys seem like you have given up. Unlike you my father is a very well known lawyer so lets see what i can sue for LOL! Mike you will be mine.
Oh please. Is his name jack thompson?

09-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Imac is offline Imac
Expertise:
Software:

Old

My paypal tells me that the sender has reported an unauthorized transaction. This too me says he told his bank. A bank would'nt request a refund from months worth of transactions. But i see im not the only one who this has happen too. On another note, if mike is vertified arn't we all covered by paypal i mean why do we pay the percentage too them. Seems everytime this happens paypal have a loophole for why im not covered.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >