Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2493 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

My personal portfolio website & looking for Coder/GFX designer

Thread title: My personal portfolio website & looking for Coder/GFX designer
Closed Thread    
06-18-2006, 08:01 AM
ipkx is offline ipkx
Expertise:
Software:

ipkx is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to ipkx

Old  My personal portfolio website & looking for Coder/GFX designer

Hey, just a quick link of my personal portfolio ->

http://ipkx.home.acedsl.com

At first it was just an experiment with all the tutorials on flash that I've been reading and out of necessity it turned into my portfolio page. Nothing special originally it was just a personal creative art piece. Sometimes I wish webdesign was a bit more intuitive than technical. Mind my slow host, My damn free webspace is so limited. Oh and you need flash 8 for it work.

I'm actually in the process of producing a website for my corporate shell for my creative consulting services and was wondering if there are any talented web developers that you might recommend (self advertising is ok too.)What I'm looking for is basic backend coding for content updating and a private client log-in so that they can review work posted and post feedback. Please PM me your resume/sample work/contact info and $/hr.

Side Note: I'm also looking for talented Graphic Designers and Web Designers that I can foward some extra projects to or just ask for plain critiques on a semi regular basis. Personally I find it very helpful to have a large network within the industry, you never know when your next gig might come from.~

So anyway, give me some constructive feedback and PM me if you're interested in the other 2 things that I mentioned.

06-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Personally, I think your flash is way to fast and choppy. Also after entering into a section, theres no way to get back to the main menu?

06-18-2006, 08:30 AM
ipkx is offline ipkx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

The navigation is done solely through the words that animate down. Its an issue if your browser doesnt have flash 8 installed.

I've noticed that with flash on a faster computer it animates at much faster rate than seen on my computer. Is there a way to keep it a bit uniform?

06-18-2006, 08:39 AM
yni420 is offline yni420
Software:

yni420 is on a distinguished road

Old

PM Sent

06-18-2006, 09:22 AM
force is offline force
Software:

force is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to force

Old

A preloader for each image in each section would be nice. Also for going back to the main bit, instead of the words and the bottom saying what section your currently in, it might be a bit more user friendly if it said "back" so people will know straight away how to go back. Anyway it's a pretty good job you've done and I quite like it. The animation ran fine on my computer btw (1.77ghz amd thing...)

06-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Bennett is offline Bennett
Expertise:
Software:

Bennett is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Bennett

Old

Originally Posted by ipkx
The navigation is done solely through the words that animate down. Its an issue if your browser doesnt have flash 8 installed.

I've noticed that with flash on a faster computer it animates at much faster rate than seen on my computer. Is there a way to keep it a bit uniform?

Uhm... Believe it or not, I think I'd know if I had flash or not. :|

I was simply stating your flash needed more thought put into it. It's difficult to navigate after being in a section imo. Has nothing to do with anyone having flash or not.

06-18-2006, 04:46 PM
freedom is offline freedom
Expertise:
Software:

freedom is on a distinguished road

Old

Are you in the NY area? I would be interested in backend coding.

06-18-2006, 09:59 PM
ipkx is offline ipkx
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Bennett
Uhm... Believe it or not, I think I'd know if I had flash or not. :|

I was simply stating your flash needed more thought put into it. It's difficult to navigate after being in a section imo. Has nothing to do with anyone having flash or not.
No I didn't mean it in as an insult, Its just that ive noticed that the whole interface needs flash 8 or the other action scripts ive used dont seem to work. Any other version it just freezes.

Closed Thread