Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1907 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     Suggestions and Feedback :

Change it Back

Thread title: Change it Back
Closed Thread  
Page 8 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 >
03-24-2007, 12:23 AM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

There was never a problem with this skin, people just blamed the fact that we used to have alot of arguments on the design, sure a fresh skin would be nice but in order for people to go "hey that's awesome!", it has to be BETTER than the current one, there are some people on here that don't rate this skin at all and think they can do better, but the fact is, this skin when compared to other forum skins is high quality and original.

Personally, I would have contacted Tarun Hari and got him to use the same style/colours etc, but just make this into a 100% fluid, with a portal, abit like sitepoint....then you could have static pages, dynamic content on the front, integrate a newsletter, podcasts....room for expansion.

There is no point just designing a skin for the sake of the design if it's not going to actually add anything to the website.

I actually think the main reason this place got kicking in the first place was down to this design, back in 2004, there was nothing quite like this on forums and when people saw it, they were like "wow, I love this design", you can't go backwards, it's time for talkfreelance to raise the bar once more.

03-24-2007, 12:42 AM
Dave.C is offline Dave.C
Software:

Dave.C is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Dave.C Send a message via MSN to Dave.C

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
I'd much, much rather you guys realign rather than redesign, especially if you're going to head towards the screenshot which was posted. TalkFreelance is blue and green, please at least don't take that away from us.
Agreed. I was going to link to that article as well, but I couldnt remember where I had read it.

03-24-2007, 01:27 AM
rasberry is offline rasberry
Expertise:
Software:

rasberry is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to rasberry

Old

Originally Posted by Salathe View Post
I'd much, much rather you guys realign rather than redesign, especially if you're going to head towards the screenshot which was posted. TalkFreelance is blue and green, please at least don't take that away from us.
That's exactly what I've been saying for the past ... months.

03-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Zack is offline Zack
Expertise:
Software:

Zack is on a distinguished road

Old

I don't want to be another person who says that the design isn't as good as the current one, but here's what I think: Talkfreelance is still an elite forum. Talkfreelance has a design still considered unique and great for a forum. Why is there a need for change? Why can't we just give users the option to have this format, or a fluid format? It wouldn't be a massive project to make TFL fluid. Maybe a few touchups (I personally don't design, but maybe give the front page some spunk) would work well, but the idea of complete redesign, recoding, and getting users used to the new design is a big step. Small steps take people places. There's my two cents.
Zack

03-24-2007, 04:32 AM
Jamie is offline Jamie
Software:

Jamie is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Dream View Post
Im very drunk at the moment, I thought it was me that was confused and was looking for general chat.

Change it back, personally.
Lewis
Yeah me too i was like woooahh what the heck is this.

Yes sadly i went on talkfreelance during a party

it's not as bad as it seems i swear

03-24-2007, 04:53 AM
mmorales is offline mmorales
Expertise:
Software:

mmorales is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to mmorales

Old

change it back or pirates are a comin!

03-24-2007, 08:15 AM
sletts02 is offline sletts02
Expertise:
Software:

sletts02 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to sletts02

Old

I too prefer it the old way.

03-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Aros is offline Aros
Expertise:
Software:

Aros is on a distinguished road

Old

Looks horrible to me, everything is out of focus because I hardly ever use the marketplace - and now it's right in my face every time I visit this place.

03-24-2007, 09:50 AM
vitalize is offline vitalize
Expertise:
Software:

vitalize is on a distinguished road

Old

Looked much better before. Makes the forum look messy having the marketplace like that.

03-24-2007, 10:03 AM
sixmode is offline sixmode
Software:

sixmode is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by rasberry View Post
Originally Posted by Wildhoney
Personally I feel that is an awful design. I think the reason TFL has such a friendly community feel to it is because the psychology behind its colours are opulent (green) and calming and serene (blue). TFL is also a very compact site, by that I mean it's got a set width of 800 pixels or so and thus gives TFL that cute and cosy feel to it. Those 2 aforementioned points, I believe, need to transposed into the new design. Although from my perspective, it doesn't need altering.
I completely agree with Wildhoney here. Now, I will say that something needs to be done if there is going to be a complete redesign, I'm even willing to help if it's needed. It's been said, but personally the screenshot that was posted us horrid and doesn't fit what Talkfreelance is about.

Robert said it well. Lets move Talkfreelance forward. I remember a while back, Fexboards were doing a complete overhaul and they had their members submit skins that they thought would fit. Then the staff voted on the ones that they thought were suiting. There's enough talented people here where this could also work for us.

Anyway, I could offer help if needed if you guys are indeed redesigning the place.

--

As for the content changes, the make no sense. The previous setup was perfectly situated. It worked, unlike what we have now.

Just my personal opinions.

Closed Thread  
Page 8 of 20 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 >