Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 2044 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography     The Gallery Showcase :

Found my website from 4 years ago... Decided to Upload it :)

Thread title: Found my website from 4 years ago... Decided to Upload it :)
Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
05-27-2005, 02:39 AM
pooshda is offline pooshda
Expertise:
Software:

pooshda is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to pooshda

Old  Found my website from 4 years ago... Decided to Upload it :)

Every now and then I like to go through old backup disks and such and see some of my old work... some of it makes me shake my head in shame (like the stuff when I was 13-14 years old) some of it gives me a laugh and some of it brings back some good old memories of the old days...

Sometimes I even see stuff that makes me wonder why some of my designs have gotten boring in comparison, this was one of my more random and mixxed up looking sites but I liked it back when I had it online and thought id put it back up for the fun of it (its not linked from anywhere so its not accessible to everyone)

It's fun to look at something you did 4 years ago and compare it to what you have been doing lately, I was more gung ho about art at the time and less business oriented I think it shows.

http://www.pooshda.com/version5/index2.htm

Let me know what you think, some of the stuff is kind of trendy but then again it was designed 4-5 years ago. It was kind of cool to see some old videos of my car and stuff too, because in two of the videos my friend who died in 2002 in a motorcycle accident was taping them on our trip back from Virginia when we picked the car up

05-27-2005, 02:41 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

lol, reading through some of it definately shows I was younger at the time.. a little less serious and irresponsible it seems like

05-27-2005, 02:48 AM
DanEthical is offline DanEthical
Software:

DanEthical is on a distinguished road

Old

Looks good to me.

05-27-2005, 06:14 AM
tarun hari is offline tarun hari
Software:

tarun hari is on a distinguished road

Old

you were better back then. What happened?

05-27-2005, 07:59 AM
sysblnk is offline sysblnk
Software:

sysblnk is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm half agreeing with tarun, at least in the creative sense you had some awesome ideas in that site! I think your current site is more professional which is probably what youre going for but that old site is pretty unique

05-27-2005, 08:01 AM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

I have one main comment about your sites, don't display "under construction" on your pages. It looks unprofessional if a web designer cannot even have his/her own site running properly all the time. Do your site updates offline and upload them to a test subdomain. Don't let your site go live until it is COMPLETE.

Other than all that I think your sites are graphically very nice, the content needs a bit of work (the old sites content is fairly funny and certainly un-businesslike)

05-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I hear what your saying about the under construction stuff, I guess I threw it up because I needed something to show

I am actually working on my site right now... well not just my site, myself and a friend are working on getting our own design venture going which will take the place of anything business oriented on my site (my site will again become a personal site like the old one shown here)

I have been wanting to build a site like that old one again, something kind of crazy and very UN professional, something more to post random stuff on and have fun with - what I have now is what I show to people when they wanna see examples of my work (which truly is outdated, you can see a lot of the same artwork on my 4 year old websites portfolio - sad)

As far as skill wise, im better now but I definately dont show it in my current site I agree with what you guys said. Im afraid to make anything edgy and "insane" like that site because I might scare people away from me... but then again my chopped up fish artwork and mutated owl dont help anyway and those are on my current site

Thanks for the comments though... once we get our actual business-oriented thing going I think Ill go back to the old ways and make a funky / crazy type personal website again.

Partly I think the 2 year gap from 2003-2005 where I had kind of distanced myself from art and design alltogether played a huge factor in the downward spiral of my website as well. I am getting myself motivated again (probably because I have had that blastid car in storage for 2 years now... I was never home working / being artistic when I had that to mess with)

05-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I ripped the "Under Construction" Off, even though its obviously not done.. but I agree it does appear better when its not there. I really need to get to work on finishing it but I have been busy with other things like the business site that im still attempting to mock up (and name).. I think a name is the most difficult of all things to come up with when its so damn important!

05-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Julian is offline Julian
Expertise:
Software:

Julian is on a distinguished road

Old

Yes, the name is crucial.

Dont be alarmed that your site is cleaner and more professional looking than 4 years ago, this will get you clients more readily.

This was a splash page entry to my site a few years ago:

http://www.nzgraphicdesign.com/archi...sgfxsplash.jpg

This was the site itself:

http://www.nzgraphicdesign.com/archi...es/jjsgfx2.jpg

I never got much business through those types of designs, my new sites are getting a lot more business, simply because they are cleaner, faster, professional looking with clear concise content.

Check the difference:

http://www.circle.co.nz/index.html

05-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Imagenesis is offline Imagenesis
Software:

Imagenesis is on a distinguished road

Old

You have go to optimize those images on the new site...Takes quite a while to load them all.

Closed Thread  
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >