Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1092 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

What advertising methods are you currently using?

Thread title: What advertising methods are you currently using?
Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
06-01-2005, 08:18 AM
bgfweb is offline bgfweb
Expertise:
Software:

bgfweb is on a distinguished road

Old

Posting in the Offers/Request section of forums works for us.

06-03-2005, 10:51 AM
SeoGuy is offline SeoGuy
Software:

SeoGuy is on a distinguished road

Old

I am currently advertising on ppcforhosts.com and espotting.

I sometimes run the odd adwords campaign too.

PS. - Robson whats the pricing of ads in Net magazine ?

06-04-2005, 09:47 PM
Bitwise is offline Bitwise
Expertise:
Software:

Bitwise is on a distinguished road

Old

My site is an online 'computer magazine', www.bitwisemag.com which has only been online since 1st June (i.e. 4 days). I've kept a close eye on the CPanel statistics. So far we've had just over 3,000 visits and about 25,000 page views. A large proprtion of those visits have come from links on about 5 or 6 sites devoted to the same area of interest (mainly programming). These are sites which I approached or, in a couple of cases, which approached me in the last month or two - that is, before the site was finally launched - after news that I was planning this venture got out (mainly via a few friends who were contributing to it).

Since it's been online I've also noticed that a few other technical computing sites and a couple of blogs (not all in English, alas, so I'm not quite sure what they are saying) have added links and 2 or 3 of these have each resulted in a couple of hundred visitors.

So, in brief: although we've only been online 4 days it seems that almost all our visitors have come via links from more established sites concentrating on similar subject matter. Friendly links, in other words.

Without them, nobody would know we existed!

best wishes
Huw

06-05-2005, 04:58 AM
x3knet is offline x3knet
Expertise:
Software:

x3knet is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to x3knet Send a message via MSN to x3knet Send a message via Yahoo to x3knet

Old

Signature advertising is extremely effective. If you make that thing big enough, people will definately click on it. This is also not an illegal type of advertising unless there are rules prohibiting it.

If you post on big forums related to the topic of your website, the outcome should be very good. Just take a look at my signature... I've gotten MANY clicks from TalkFreelance alone back when I made 50 posts a day, lol.

I'm crediting this idea to Robson because he was the one who suggessted it to me. I remember his exact words to me.. "just post, post, post... it might take a few hours.. but in the end, you will see results"

06-05-2005, 05:24 AM
AnarchyS is offline AnarchyS
Software:

AnarchyS is on a distinguished road

Old

My bester method is emailing people who have current sites that are bad and email them saying u can fix that for cheap. its helped me much kinda.

06-06-2005, 06:22 PM
ckandes1 is offline ckandes1
Expertise:
Software:

ckandes1 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to ckandes1

Old

Alot of these methods seem to be for Business related sites. But which ones apply the most for liesure sites, esp. free methods?

Closed Thread  
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3