Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1874 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion     Member Introductions :

New Guy w/ a ?

Thread title: New Guy w/ a ?
Closed Thread    
12-07-2007, 07:27 PM
tpaKid is offline tpaKid
Software:

tpaKid is on a distinguished road

Old  New Guy w/ a ?

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across the forums while browsing on my computer at video game programming class. I was very excited to find out how busy these forums are!

Anyhow, to the question...

I am greatly interested in web design/programming in general. So Im trying to get even more involved any way I can. I just wanted to know if this is a good place to look for a sort of "apprenticeship" in this field of work.

I currently have a basic knowledge of C+ and HTML. Im in a video game programming class at Timken Senior High School in Canton, Ohio. Every day we learn more and more which is a huge help but I really want to dig in to this kind of work and get a head start. I plan on majoring in this field next year, so i hope things like this will help.

If Im in the complete wrong area, and you think I should just shut up, let me know!! I just need to know if I can find anything like that here.

Thanks a lot!
-Tj Bowman

12-07-2007, 08:05 PM
George the Flea is offline George the Flea
Expertise:
Software:

George the Flea is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey TJ,

I've never really heard of apprenticeships, but I'm hardly well placed in web design networks. Perhaps someone with more experience would be able to point you to something.

Personally, I've always been a fan of learning by doing. The way I initially learned web design and development was to start working on projects. If you don't have anyone who wants a free site from someone who doesn't yet know what they're doing, then design a site for yourself (even if you don't want one). If you're wanting to learn web development, pick something simple that you'd like to see a site do and then create something that does it.

Even if your early projects never make it to the web (sometimes it's better if they don't ), the learning experience will be well worth it.

There are also loads of tutorials and so forth around the web about designing, and lots of great blogs and so forth that talk about good design practices and whatnot. Starting to read those just to be aware of the issues that are out there for web designers isn't a bad start.

Good luck!

12-10-2007, 08:51 PM
mike49085 is offline mike49085
Expertise:
Software:

mike49085 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to mike49085

Old

Hello,welcome to the forum!

Closed Thread