Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1927 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Made a design for a client - never paid - what should I do?

Thread title: Made a design for a client - never paid - what should I do?
Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
05-27-2008, 12:15 AM
creativejen is offline creativejen
Expertise: design, front-end markup
Software: Photoshop

creativejen is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to creativejen

Old

@J.Thomas; First of all, i'm just going to jump straight into this topic and say a few things after reading every post.

1) Company or any other kind of entity, whether one of your employee's goes away, the parties who are working for you, and corresponding with you in a timely manner, should be told of one's absense. As you/your employee, failed to do so, on that behalf Umar had right to contact you/your company, to find out what was going on after not hearing anything from the corresponding employee.

2) It is both parties fault to not have a written contract agreement, but when a company deals with other entities, this question should arise all the time whatever the prospects.

3) The MM abbreviation, is latin and you are correct on that. However, when you declare that it is widely used in the financial industry, your wrong. It is not. "20 thousand thousands" is gramatically incorrect, therefore a single M which is the abbreviation for "Million" should be used correctly.

However, if you proove that I am wrong that the abbreviation of MM is used widely in the financial industry, which I very much doubt so due to the fact I worked in bank for 4 years, then I would apologise.

4) Finally, being this so called 'large company' would not disclose there financial findings, and to whatever profession you do, you would not get on a personal role with another entity (Umar) and call him "brother".

So as far as that goes, you/your company/your employee, are most to blaim.

05-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Vizon is offline Vizon - Click for my Image
Expertise:
Software:

Vizon is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

J.Thomas, you've taken care of things in an unprofessional manner, and there is NOTHING you can legally do. Sorry.

05-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Sorry J.Thomas...My instinct tells me something's not right with you. You insist on your professionalism yet you undermine basic business practice and etiquette. I'm not buying all of this.

Oh and your friend's obituary leads to a 404 page.

05-27-2008, 12:56 AM
j.thomas is offline j.thomas
Software:

j.thomas is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm not asking anyone to "believe" me; not the intention. I'm giving you a share of what I've experienced.

Enigma: Joe was out of town, on a Saturday mind you, for 18 hours. I do not require a "notification" when someone chooses not to work on a weekend, sorry. He received five (5) messages from Umar in that time-frame. Further, why are you telling me what my company would or wouldn't do concerning our financials? We have to release them, by law - including my salary. Evenmore, there was no "commencement." Just a project description - Umar took it from there. Also, you're in the UK ... you know how to handle finances a little bit better than those of us in America... we're behind, I'll agree. Economy. Yuk. Brother = Comrade. Companion. Friend. I apologize my choice of vocabulary at stake.

Vizion: I'm sorry to hear that you think receiving death threats isn't worthy of letting the legal team know.

Seb: "undermining basic business practices and etiquette?" In what way? I've asked for his full name before I can send him payment. How is this "undermining basic business practices and etiquette?"

05-27-2008, 01:00 AM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by j.thomas View Post
I'm not asking anyone to "believe" me; not the intention. I'm giving you a share of what I've experienced.

Enigma: Joe was out of town, on a Saturday mind you, for 18 hours. I do not require a "notification" when someone chooses not to work on a weekend, sorry. He received five (5) messages from Umar in that time-frame. Further, why are you telling me what my company would or wouldn't do concerning our financials? We have to release them, by law - including my salary. Evenmore, there was no "commencement." Just a project description - Umar took it from there. Also, you're in the UK ... you know how to handle finances a little bit better than those of us in America... we're behind, I'll agree. Economy. Yuk.

Vizion: I'm sorry to hear that you think receiving death threats isn't worthy of letting the legal team know.

Seb: "undermining basic business practices and etiquette?" In what way? I've asked for his full name before I can send him payment. How is this "undermining basic business practices and etiquette?"
No contracts...calling your clients "brother". Posting on the forum is quite funny too.

"I do not require a "notification" when someone chooses not to work on a weekend, sorry." - so your employees just decide when they work? And they don't even have to tell you? Amazing.

05-27-2008, 01:02 AM
j.thomas is offline j.thomas
Software:

j.thomas is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
No contracts...calling your clients "brother". Posting on the forum is quite funny too.

"I do not require a "notification" when someone chooses not to work on a weekend, sorry." - so your employees just decide when they work? And they don't even have to tell you? Amazing.
Seb - why are you taking everything out of context - my coworkers work a normal and standard M-F, not "whenever they want." If they choose to work on Saturday, more power to them.

Brother = Comrade. Companion. Friend. I apologize my choice of vocabulary at stake.

05-27-2008, 01:04 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Enigma: Joe was out of town, on a Saturday mind you, for 18 hours. I do not require a "notification" when someone chooses not to work on a weekend, sorry. He received five (5) messages from Umar in that time-frame. Further, why are you telling me what my company would or wouldn't do concerning our financials? We have to release them, by law - including my salary. Evenmore, there was no "commencement." Just a project description - Umar took it from there. Also, you're in the UK ... you know how to handle finances a little bit better than those of us in America... we're behind, I'll agree. Economy. Yuk. Brother = Comrade. Companion. Friend. I apologize my choice of vocabulary at stake.

For some reason I highly doubt anyone has threatened to kill you. You keep throwing all this craziness at us but show NO proof. Prove you are a registered business, prove you need his TAX ID #, because last I checked you only need that for identity theft.

Pay the poor guy that has worked for you and move on with things. Also- Just so you know finances are not a public thing here in the USA. They may be disclosed with the government, but how does that in anyway make them public.

05-27-2008, 01:05 AM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Seb - why are you taking everything out of context - my coworkers work a normal and standard M-F, not "whenever they want." If they choose to work on Saturday, more power to them.

Brother = Comrade. Companion. Friend. I apologize my choice of vocabulary at stake.
The way you said it led me to believe they were meant to be working on a weekend. My apologies on that..

05-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I feel you've been leading people into false information. You are a highschool student (or recently graduated) and I highly doubt your company was making millions. http://www.tcuyeya.org/awardwinners.html

05-27-2008, 01:16 AM
goent is offline goent
Software:

goent is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Vizon View Post
For some reason I highly doubt anyone has threatened to kill you. You keep throwing all this craziness at us but show NO proof. Prove you are a registered business, prove you need his TAX ID #, because last I checked you only need that for identity theft.

Pay the poor guy that has worked for you and move on with things. Also- Just so you know finances are not a public thing here in the USA. They may be disclosed with the government, but how does that in anyway make them public.
Actually the top five half to be disclosed... who cares if he's in hs. He's got a point.

Closed Thread  
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >