Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1846 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

norted.com/ - Ripped Design

Thread title: norted.com/ - Ripped Design
Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
08-27-2008, 12:25 PM
UKMatt is offline UKMatt
Software:

UKMatt is on a distinguished road

Old

If I remember rightly .. he sets up numerous hosting companies .. get's customers, takes their money, then closes down and moves to another host name..

08-27-2008, 12:34 PM
chester is offline chester
Expertise:
Software:

chester is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via MSN to chester

Old

Before corexhost.com and so on,
And this time Norted.com
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=norted - seems to be under the username: splatcatballa99

08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
UKMatt is offline UKMatt
Software:

UKMatt is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm pretty sure there's more than that =] Have a look around and you'll find a number of scam alerts regarding this guy.

08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Finally the design has been taken down. – My MSN conversations to this guy for the last couple hours have done the trick.

Though apparently, he’s going to post a MSN log on here, to show how rude I was….so that should be interesting.

Chris.

08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

That's what he told me, I'm yet to see it appear.

Glad you got it sorted out mate.

08-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Fjeddy is offline Fjeddy
Expertise:
Software:

Fjeddy is on a distinguished road

Old

Talkfreelance,

My name is Christian Tellnes and i am one of the owners that represent Norted.com. The situation around Norted has comed to a point were it's unacceptable to read further without taking any actions.

For the record, Fjeddy in this forum is in no way related to the company exept from being an aquainted from one of the Norted owners. We asked Fjeddy to post online regarding this topic and all statements in this thread, and solo this thread is written by Norted and not by Fjeddy.

We should have realized that it would have been smarter to get our own account, as this has gone drasticly out of hands.

A few days back i added Chris from loudobject to my MSN list, this was regarding some information we wanted regarding his design and asking when new designs would be posted in public!

Chris at this day noticed our website (As my msn address) and positivly commented on my website saying that he liked how his own design had turned out.

Chris later on contacted me saying that the design was ripped, i got suprized but not directly shocked as there was a few suspicious things regarding the person selling it.

Chris was from sentence one hostile and not friendly what so ever, the original buyer of the design was more friendly and able to discuss normally without actually being directly rude as Chris managed to do.

And yes, we admit that we arn't perfect in these kind of situations! But we try to act as professional as possible against Chris and the owner of the design, but we are humans and the way Chris spoke against us does not exactly make it easier to be professional with him.

Chris got to an agreement that we would have 7 days to make the payment for the design. Which sounds ok, and is rather cool by Chris.

Later on i asked Chris if he could design a new design for Norted, and what the price would be. He was again being friendly and adviced me of his prices for the different base fees and pages.

Chris then pointed out that i would still have to pay the 250$ for the design + the money for the new design! When i confronted him with that i would take the design offline for the new design, then he said that since we have already used the design, then we were entitled to pay for it.

This made me rather upset that he was going force us to pay for something that we have already paid for but at the end not paid for at all.. So we had already lost $300 on being scammed. To then put in another 250$ for a design we didn't intend to use anymore.

I said kindly no to Chris and said that i would not agree on that, i offered to gladly put down the website as i did not originaly own the design. He responded with "Put down the design or not, you would still have to pay for it", i couldn't understand how he ment that i was going to pay for something i wasn't going to use, or for something that i have already paid for but couldnt get.

(The quotes are not 100% accurate, but i got MSN logs of the entire chat)

Then Chris said something like this over several sentences

"If you don't pay for the design, then i will not make a new design for you as i don't want to work with you! And if you don't put down the design, then everyone will look at your company as rippers and you will loose alot of clients."

Chris also suggested something like

"If you don't pay, then i will post on all forums as much as possible saying that you are a scammer. So in the end, you are the person that looses on this"

After these threats from Chris's side, and some discussions with my partner on the phone. Then we have decided to not pay for the design or buy a new design from Chris now or in the future. We decided that we will rather buy a new design, and re-create the entire website then paying someone that threatends and try to money extortion us.

There is alot more behind this conversation with Chris. But this is just the very basic, and these sentences is one of the biggest reasons for why things have turned out as they have turned.

We have now taken the design offline after alot of "If and How" between me and Chris at MSN. And i am sure that Chris is soon to be online to make a huge reply saying that we are all wrong.

With this post, i pull out of this discussion. We have done what we are entitled to do, which is to pull the design offline. And we are from here working to get a new website online as soon as possible...

For the record, "Splatcall aka Dylan" on the WHT forums is hired by Norted as a Sales and Support representive. And is in no way affiliated with Norted beyound being an employee.

You guys can post as much as you want, and say as much as you want. But i will not be back here to post any more replies regarding this situation, because honestly. This is something between Norted, the design and the owner. Not the entire world in public.

Since the situation has gone out of hand, then we will shortly update all of our clients trough email as soon as possible regarding the situation. We will also post a public statement on our website as soon as we have been able to sort this mess out!

I thank you for reading, and i hope that this gave you guys some more clarification. I also thank Chris for all his friendly msn chats along with all the nice tickets people put in regarding the situation.

Thank you to Fjeddy for posting this messages for us...

Norted officialy appoligize to the designer and the original owner of the design for all the problems and issues this may have caused. We are cincerly sorry.

Have an exelent day further,
Good Bye

08-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Gareth is offline Gareth
Software:

Gareth is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Gareth

Old

Originally Posted by Fjeddy View Post
Chris then pointed out that i would still have to pay the 250$ for the design + the money for the new design! When i confronted him with that i would take the design offline for the new design, then he said that since we have already used the design, then we were entitled to pay for it.
Seems legitimate to me; you use it, you pay for it. The fact that you're shocked by such simple logic is quite worrying.

And I'm confused as to the conversations, was Chris rude or firendly? Because your post states that he was both.

08-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I do like the fact, at the end of your post Fjeddy, you said “I also thank Chris for all his friendly msn chats” – but then you mentioned I had been rude throughout for asking for payment so you can then keep the rights for the design.

To be honest I would have liked to see you post the chat log of our conversation, as then everyone would have actually seen what I had said to you regarding this matter. – Instead of you rewording some of my quotes.
But anyway, At least you have taken down the design. I’m finally happy that you did so, even though it took you a while and a lot of time from my side for you to do so.

The thing I have learned though, is not to get my sites hosted with Norted.com

Chris.

08-27-2008, 03:48 PM
Jordan is offline Jordan
Expertise: CSS, HTML, PHP
Software: Sublime Text 2

Jordan is on a distinguished road

Old

I'm confused. Is Fjeddy just posting up a message for Norted, or is someone posting under Fjeddy, or is Fjeddy displaying multiple personalities?

For the record, Fjeddy in this forum is in no way related to the company exept from being an aquainted from one of the Norted owners. We asked Fjeddy to post online regarding this topic and all statements in this thread, and solo this thread is written by Norted and not by Fjeddy.

08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
cpr is offline cpr
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

cpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Who cares, just ban Fjeddy.

Closed Thread  
Page 6 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >