Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,473
There are 1877 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     Graphic Design, Multimedia and Photography :

How to get known

Thread title: How to get known
12-07-2010, 04:35 AM
liverpoolx is offline liverpoolx
Software:

liverpoolx is on a distinguished road

Old  How to get known

Hi, I'm 15 years old and I want to be a freelance logo designer. However, I have some questions. 1) I looked at the 2012 Olympics logo and saw the creator of the logos website. I forgot the name, but it had over 500 famous companys that they did graphics for. So how will a small business like the one I want to start in the future get any clients.
2) How can I get known early on in my career (around age 20). I'm talking in terms of having people know that if they want a logo, 3d movie, after effects work etc., they can come to my business.
3) Is it possible to make a good steady income just off mainly logo design, but other graphic design projects to?
4) How do you find people to form a freelance business for example, a web designing business. I mean, I'm sure there are people here that might be interested, but it's not as easy as just asking. Does anyone have prior experience with this that I could learn from.

Thanks to all in advance, sorry for bad spelling, english isn't my first language. Also, sorry for lengthy post, and thanks in advance

12-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Morning is offline Morning
Expertise: web design, writing, proofread
Software: HomeSite, Paint Shop Pro

Morning is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

I recommend that you go to http://worth1000.com and join up. Enter contests. Follow the rules. You can get known that way, and you can even get some "real" jobs through them. Well worth your time, in my opinion!

12-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Xenobiologist is offline Xenobiologist
Software:

Xenobiologist is on a distinguished road

Old

Have you thought about starting a blog...it's a good way to build a reputation, just talk about stuff that you like...like Jacob Cass that's what he did.

12-24-2010, 05:41 PM
FreeStylencer is offline FreeStylencer
Software:

FreeStylencer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

First, acquire technical knowledge and skill to create logos. Second, to make a public appearance it's best to create a small site with your personal info and logos that you did - you know - like an online resume/portfolio. That's for starters anyway.

12-25-2010, 12:03 AM
Aaron Moody is offline Aaron Moody
Expertise: Design
Software: Photoshop

Aaron Moody is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Aaron Moody

Old

It seems that you are a mature, likeable person, and clearly got a good head on you - wanting to think of your career even though you are just 15.

So What I would say to you, is to simply practice, and post on various message boards...etc for feedback to improve. All you have to do is make your work seen by others, eventually when you are of a good enough level someone will hire you to do a logo, and if you do a good job then you may get recommended...and so on.

I don't think there's any sure fire ways to "get big" or everyone would do it...it's all about practicing and good customer relations, being likeable to your clients and putting everything into designs to make sure they are the best of your ability.

-Aaron

12-28-2010, 04:01 PM
siteholder is offline siteholder
Software:

siteholder is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Try designing some logos for free for local businesses or marketers that you get to know online in forums. You get designs for your portfolio and they get a logo. You could also offer a referral bonus to get people to spread the word.

01-08-2011, 08:12 AM
meltingwaves is offline meltingwaves
Expertise: designing, blogging
Software: Adobe Creative Suite CS5

meltingwaves is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to meltingwaves

Old

liverpoolx,

You're definitely off to a great start, becoming active in forums that are relevant to your niche, which is graphic design. I have a few strategies about getting your name out there that I'd love to share with you. They'll help you network with other professionals in your niche and build your business and brand at a rapid pace.

The first step is going to be getting online and creating a website for your brand. If you're interested, I have a free 30 Day eCourse that teaches designers how to setup profitable blogs about design. The eCourse will show you how to market yourself as a designer, make your brand recognizable, and pull in a profitable income online. Here's the link to the eCourse if you're interested. http://meltingwaves.com/ecourse/

You'll need to create different pages on your site to show your audience what you're all about. Include a portfolio page that shows your best work and then add a page that talks about your experience in the design field and your interest in graphic design. Now you're going to want to create a page where viewers can go to hire you for projects and you're also going to want to add a page that shows testimonials from clients you've worked with in the past. It sounds like a lot, but these elements are all necessary components of a successful freelance design website and if you just break them down bit by bit, you'll have it up and running in no time.

The next step is to get involved in social media and forum posting. You're definitely already into forum posting, so kudos for that. If you're not into social media, you can dive right in by creating a Twitter profile, a Facebook Fan Page, and a LinkedIn profile to market your company.

Now you're going to start sharing your artwork with popular portfolio sites such as Behance and DeviantArt and rapidly promoting the new work that you create on your website.

Start guest posting on design blogs that are relevant to your niche and really reach out to other passionate designers and share ideas and positive energy with them. It's all about connecting the community, so the more connecting you do, the better known you will become. Good luck with everything.