Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1071 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

What is the Truth behind 9/11?

Thread title: What is the Truth behind 9/11?
Closed Thread  
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 13 14 15 16 17
02-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Techno is offline Techno
Expertise:
Software:

Techno is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
That is not true, WMD's are one of the reasons we went in.
Yes, there's also a matter of oil too.

02-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

Originally Posted by Techno View Post
Yes, there's also a matter of oil too.
We have gotten about as much oil from them as WMD's. Oil in the US is not cheaper then before we went in, it costs more.

If you want to know the other reason, look up saddams torture record and see who you are defending.

02-28-2007, 04:01 PM
nomatch is offline nomatch
Software:

nomatch is on a distinguished road

Old

fine you didn't actually "take any oil" (probably not true, but i don't know the facts)...but look who controls it, who controls the prices, how much is let out to the rest of the world...America?

I'd personally prefer Saddam to still be in charge of Iraq, rather than have 600,000 +++ people killed over him, even if he was a bad man. How can you compare Saddam to bush or blair, look what they have created..

02-28-2007, 04:05 PM

Old

What have they created? a free nation? no killing for just seeing a crime? no killing for different beliefs? correct.

edit: Please back up your sources on 600,000 dead over this matter

02-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Software:

Old

That figure was in the Evening Standard about 3 or 4 months ago, so i assume the total death toll is much higher. Civilian deaths are around 60,000 +++. http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ This site keeps up to date with civilian deaths. A free country? then why is America etc still occupying it? Why are they still in Afganistan? the pipeline?

Look at the chaos in Iraq. Thousands more people will die, for what, a fake "democracy". How is killing hundreds of thousands of people democracy. Your country is the biggest terrorist in the world, and the government have done an incrediable job to brain wash you and the like.

http://antiwar.com/casualties/ - american casualties in 2007.

02-28-2007, 04:12 PM

Old

That is counting saddams suicide buddies, which make up most of them, not he US army. Dont even try to blame us for that. We are still in Iraq to protect it, they have their own leaders and everything. If you didnt know that do some more research on these matters

edit: the max there is 62985, not 600,000. that is a BIG difference

02-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Software:

Old

....yes 60,000++ civilian (according to the government and news sources), what about the whole Iraqi army, American and British troops etc.?

Of course the USA is to blame for the suicide bombings....like everything else, look back to the root of the problem, oh its because America is occupying their country.

If America was not there, there would not be chaos in Iraq, don't try and deny this.

02-28-2007, 04:17 PM

Old

so you are saying we should crawl under a rock and let saddams regime live on in terror? are you french?

and how are the suicide bombing to blame on us? they want us out and to have their terror come back, they would do wose if we wherent here.

02-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Software:

Old

EDIT: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/11/wo...rssnyt&emc=rss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_...vasion_of_Iraq

Here, this may be from a newspaper/website that you may trust.

No, i am from the UK. hah, you think i want America to leave now? after all they've done? look what happened in the first golf war?

Americans gave Iraqis' the courage to revolt against Saddam, and then what? America leaves and Saddam kills thousands and thousands of people....

Like i said, i would rather have Saddam in control of Iraq than America. If your country was actually worried about WMDs, why would they not attack North Korea, whom they KNEW 100% were building WMDs and now have them.

If you wanted to be nice to the Iraqi people, why not just assasinate him? why have a full scale war against an innocent country?

100's of people are dieing each day in Iraq now, this IS America's fault. Maybe not directly, but indirectly, for sure. Sure, American troops are not rampaging the streets of Baghdad with a machine gun and shooting every live Iraqi they see, im not that ignorant...

Please, can you just accept and respect, that there are other cultures and ways of life in this world. Your democracy won't work else where in the world.

edit: http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/42867/
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6246127

This isn't the orginal source i got that figure from. I got it from a UK newspaper a few months back, i'll search online for it, so you can be happy and believe how many people have actually died.

02-28-2007, 07:04 PM
derek lapp is offline derek lapp
Expertise:
Software:

derek lapp is on a distinguished road

Old

"do some more research on these matters", i believe most of us said that to the bush regime 4 years ago.

you went in with a bull**** excuse. it's a cold hard fact. stop fighting it. i remember colin powel's presentations like they were yesterday - because they were so ridiculous. i remember all his strategic satellite diagrams and his irrefutable evidence. i also remember the report weeks later that admitting the whole thing was a sham and nothing was found.

going into iraq was never justified. through some sick twist of irony, staying in to clean up the ****fest your started is. this still has absolutely nothing to do with the steptember 11 attacks.

9/11 is real because saddam was a bad man? get real. whether the american government had foreknowledge of the attack or not, you're using it as a false precedent, and it's disgusting.

Closed Thread  
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 13 14 15 16 17