Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 691 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

Hookah Anyone?

Thread title: Hookah Anyone?
Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9
05-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Sam Granger View Post
A recent study they did in Scotland or Ireland I believe regarding weed and schizophrenia turned out negative. Cant find any sources on this, ant it was word of mouth so don't take my word for it. I will try and find info on it. A bad weed story I know of is someone who got a psychosis from weed. It doesnt create the psychosis, but if you have the begin stages or building blocks it does help you get it... Beware

Never heard about people hallusinating and I know a lot of people that smoke weed...
To be honest, I think you have to smoke A LOT, and it's probably certain strains.

05-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Liam is offline Liam
Expertise:
Software:

Liam is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Liam

Old

Originally Posted by Seb View Post
I've been around people that smoke weed that swear they see things like fishes, and dragons...and after browsing I have found several sources that confirm you can hallucinate off Cannabis.

I really don't think you can say the worst thing that will happen is that you will want to go to sleep. Since Cannabis seems to be one of your good knowledge points, you must know all about the effect of paranoia. I've also experienced people lash out, throw up, and some other not pleasant scenes, due to intoxication of Cannabis. All of which, I would say, are somewhat worse than sleeping. Let's not forget in some cases some people can get schizophrenia. Which is just a bit worse than sleeping, let's say
If you do hallucinate on cannabis it will be CEV's (Closed Eye Visuals).
The one true case of full on hallucinations I know about was two guys, who where planning a party because they just harvested their plants, and they decided to make A LOT of space cakes, they used about 5 ounces in one big cake, and when you eat cannabis the liver reacts with the THC making it into another form (acts 3x more strongly on the brain). Anyways, they had to call the party off and had this space cake with effectively 15 ounces in. They decided to have a piece and got the munchies, and the only thing to eat was the cake.

Anyways, they had it all, about 7.5 ounces each in little over 6 hours, let me put it this way, 7.5 ounces would last most people about half a year or more, these guys started tripping, for 3 days.

So, ok, trips can be had, but it takes EXTREME circumstances to bring them on.

The paranoia doesn't effect everyone, just a few and that can be subsided. Throwing up is down to the blood sugar dropping, the guy simply smoked too much without getting more sugar into him. The guy lashing out, cannabis won't change your personality so that guy must just be a fool.

No one has ever developed schizophrenia through cannabis use. A mental health problem has to already be present in the person and cannabis may "bring it out".

If it does cause schizophrenia, then why has cannabis usage gone up over the last 30 years, and schizophrenia levels stayed roughly the same. Also, in holland, where it is tollerated, there schizophrenia levels are similar to the uk.

oh, and the people who swear they see goldfish and dragons....they must just be idiots, I've known people who have had a toke and start doing stupid stuff because they have just done a drug and seen what it should be like in movies, so they put it on.

05-09-2008, 07:45 AM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

People sure do know there drugs :P

05-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Liam is offline Liam
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Eversuns View Post
People sure do know there drugs :P
lol, it's better to know the truth from scientific studies/papers then just be fed the lies and propaganda of the newspapers/government.

05-09-2008, 09:08 AM
fooblah123 is offline fooblah123
Software:

fooblah123 is on a distinguished road

Old

Or... Just don't take em!

05-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Liam is offline Liam
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Originally Posted by Eversuns View Post
Or... Just don't take em!
you don't have to take drugs to know about them.

There are loads of drugs I havn't taken and now a fair amount about.
I'm not a quantum scientist but I know a small amount about quantum physics.

05-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Seb is offline Seb
Expertise:
Software:

Seb is on a distinguished road

Old

Originally Posted by Liam View Post
If you do hallucinate on cannabis it will be CEV's (Closed Eye Visuals).
The one true case of full on hallucinations I know about was two guys, who where planning a party because they just harvested their plants, and they decided to make A LOT of space cakes, they used about 5 ounces in one big cake, and when you eat cannabis the liver reacts with the THC making it into another form (acts 3x more strongly on the brain). Anyways, they had to call the party off and had this space cake with effectively 15 ounces in. They decided to have a piece and got the munchies, and the only thing to eat was the cake.

Anyways, they had it all, about 7.5 ounces each in little over 6 hours, let me put it this way, 7.5 ounces would last most people about half a year or more, these guys started tripping, for 3 days.

So, ok, trips can be had, but it takes EXTREME circumstances to bring them on.

The paranoia doesn't effect everyone, just a few and that can be subsided. Throwing up is down to the blood sugar dropping, the guy simply smoked too much without getting more sugar into him. The guy lashing out, cannabis won't change your personality so that guy must just be a fool.

No one has ever developed schizophrenia through cannabis use. A mental health problem has to already be present in the person and cannabis may "bring it out".

If it does cause schizophrenia, then why has cannabis usage gone up over the last 30 years, and schizophrenia levels stayed roughly the same. Also, in holland, where it is tollerated, there schizophrenia levels are similar to the uk.

oh, and the people who swear they see goldfish and dragons....they must just be idiots, I've known people who have had a toke and start doing stupid stuff because they have just done a drug and seen what it should be like in movies, so they put it on.
Haha that's hilarious! They must have been screwed!

And thanks for shedding some light on Cannabis use.

05-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Crazymik3 is offline Crazymik3
Software:

Crazymik3 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Crazymik3 Send a message via MSN to Crazymik3

Old

So, that hookah

Had a lot of it last summer, hopefully more will be had this summer when I'm back home!

Closed Thread  
Page 9 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9