Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1132 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

Who is MoreDigital Advertising Company?

Thread title: Who is MoreDigital Advertising Company?
06-26-2010, 06:15 AM
NavySeal is offline NavySeal
Expertise: programming
Software:

NavySeal is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to NavySeal

Old  Who is MoreDigital Advertising Company?

Has anyone heard of MoreDigital? Their website is http://www.moredigital.com/ and I recieved an email from one of their representives and it went like this:

Hi Grant,

We recently contacted you regarding advertising for one of our clients.

Would you be interested in selling us a simple text based advertisement on your website Grantwindes.com? We pay an annual fee to you as soon as the advert is live. It is a straightforward process and we work with you to make sure we fit naturally with your site. Please let me know if you are interested and I'll send you more details.

Best regards,
Sarah Carter
So I responded back with a safe email trying to figure out who they are and what they do as well as how they handle money transfers etc.
Here is what I got back.

Hi Grant,

Thanks for getting back to me! What we offer is a simple text-based advertisement of not more than two words on a single page of your site.

I have two options for clients you might be interested in:

1) For an online gaming client, I can offer you 100 USD per year
2) For a finance, telecommunications, tourism, health or any non-gaming client I can offer you 75 USD per year

We aim to complete payment via secure payment partners Paypal or Moneybookers within 48 hours of the advert going live on your site.

Also, please read our terms and conditions: www.moredigital.com/terms.pdf

Please let me know which industry you prefer, we'll then let you know which client fits your site best and draft an advert.

Let me know if you have any questions for me.

Best regards,
Sarah
Just Curious if anyone has heard of the company or has had experience with them?

Also their TOS are here: http://www.moredigital.com/terms.pdf

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!

06-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Middlewest is offline Middlewest
Software:

Middlewest is on a distinguished road

Old

That sounds like a great deal. I never heard about MoreDigital before, but the website looks genuine and professional. About the price, it depends on your website traffic and rank I guess. Can you post our website URL?

08-27-2010, 06:54 PM
ClogWalker is offline ClogWalker
Expertise:
Software:

ClogWalker is on a distinguished road

Old

The deal sounds appealing, yet there are 2 side effects. First, placing paid links on a website can lead to your site getting excluded from Google's search results - http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=66736
And second, it appears More Digital is not eager to actually pay the offered amount. They're known for cancelling outstanding payments on PayPal before the transaction's finalized.

10-23-2010, 11:19 PM
PiotrKrzyzek is offline PiotrKrzyzek
Expertise: Business
Software: Photoshop, Linux, ViM

PiotrKrzyzek is on a distinguished road

Old

Howdy,

I wrote two rather informative articles about this on my blog and have gotten a strong response from people saying that the links are very low quality and some people haven't been paid.

@ClogWalker: I can't say that their offer sounds appealing. $100-$180 per YEAR? for a link? No way. Too many possible bad side effects for too little money. Especially with the type of clients they have (see my two posts below)

@MiddleWest: read my two articles about them (linked below). It'll help you decide.

This is a direct e-mail I got from the company:
http://www.piotrkrzyzek.com/more-dig...rect-response/
and the original post:
http://www.piotrkrzyzek.com/moredigi...garding-email/

Also: Hi MoreDigital. So I know you guys don't really appreciate my two articles on my site because they depict you in a negative light. Sorry about that, though I'm not going to take down the facts and observations myself and others have made about the business.

That said, I do complement you on having a working business. Something I have yet to accomplish Good luck to you and your ventures ... the only thing I ask is that you do go ahead and they your clients promptly, it would significantly increase your reputation.

Good luck with your online ventures everyone!
--Piotr Krzyzek