Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1835 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

link building question

Thread title: link building question
10-23-2011, 02:33 PM
ejo is offline ejo
Expertise: web design
Software:

ejo is on a distinguished road

Old  link building question

I was told by an SE professional that a single link on a site is better than a link on every page of the site. So, for instance, when I build a website, I put a credit link to my site with keyword anchor text in the footer. I've started just putting a link on the home page and I've noticed my rankings drop. Anyone have any experience with this?

10-24-2011, 08:43 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

Originally Posted by ejo View Post
I was told by an SE professional that a single link on a site is better than a link on every page of the site. So, for instance, when I build a website, I put a credit link to my site with keyword anchor text in the footer. I've started just putting a link on the home page and I've noticed my rankings drop. Anyone have any experience with this?
You might want to check with Conor from HandsOnWebHosting. I believe he's experienced this issue previously.

10-25-2011, 12:47 PM
RK_webdesigner is offline RK_webdesigner
Expertise: SEO, design, writing
Software: Photoshop, Dreamweaver

RK_webdesigner is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi,

Did you market this keywords?

If your keyword is general then check the competitor. May your competitor are also doing SEO. So, you have to increase the Link building strategy.

11-08-2011, 01:18 PM
HenrySWolfe is offline HenrySWolfe
Software:

HenrySWolfe is on a distinguished road

Old  Re: link building question

Do you believe in SEO page segmentation then use keyword prominence and put your link in the first paragraph with targeted anchor text in the body part.

12-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Glen_B is offline Glen_B
Software:

Glen_B is on a distinguished road

Old

Aside from well-researched keywords, there's a question on the authority of the website where you get links from.

12-19-2011, 04:43 PM
SenseiSteve is offline SenseiSteve
Expertise: Sales & Marketing
Software: Dreamweaver and Photoshop

SenseiSteve is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to SenseiSteve Send a message via Skype™ to SenseiSteve

Old

I would use links on every page of my site, but each different and each relevant to the content on that specific page.

01-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Balaji Naidu is offline Balaji Naidu
Expertise: SEO
Software: Firefox

Balaji Naidu is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Balaji Naidu

Old

Well, I haven't yet come across with such a situation but I have noticed many web master adopting similar tactics earn some quick backlink to the website. May be Google might have found too many inbound links to your web page within very short span of time and Google might looked this activity as a spamming, so you should try removing all those links and involve in some relevant tactics of link building.

02-28-2012, 01:19 PM
pentawebexperts is offline pentawebexperts
Software:

pentawebexperts is on a distinguished road

Old

Steve-Hostirian said right. You should put your keywords that are related to the page and then link them to the home page this will defiantly improve your rankings.

03-04-2012, 12:51 AM
simplicatedweb is offline simplicatedweb
Expertise: design, programming, SEO
Software: Photoshop, Notepad++

simplicatedweb is on a distinguished road

Old

Domain Authority is important. Having the links on your clients website will rarely have any relevance to your business, so don't expect much keyword relevance. Also take note the Google is possibly not using anchor tag text to determine the relevance of the link or as a ranking factor. I would place links consistently on every page using the same "Website Designed by" text. You really can't count on new websites to bring a lot of improved ranking, but you can build your brand and reputation.

04-05-2012, 04:11 PM
seanbv is offline seanbv
Software:

seanbv is on a distinguished road

Old

Links are great, but you want to avoid have duplicate content, or in this case duplicate links. One or two to the same page is fine, but any more can give off a "spammy" red flag.