Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1355 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Search Engine Optimization :

What is Sandbox

Thread title: What is Sandbox
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
04-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Kunal singh is offline Kunal singh
Software:

Kunal singh is on a distinguished road

Old  What is Sandbox

Hello,
The Google Sandbox is a separate filter of Google who alleged restriction placed on new sites.
What do you think?

04-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Salathe is offline Salathe
Expertise: Software Development
Software: vim, PHP

Salathe will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to Salathe

Old

I think if you consider the "Google sandbox" a bad thing, I'd be happy to have you put in it.

Personally, I don't have anywhere near enough experience to make any guesses about the sandbox's existence (I read that it does not exist, though the effect is real). If it does, then it is a good thing to have.

07-08-2010, 06:58 AM
musicworld1 is offline musicworld1
Expertise: design
Software: dreamweaver

musicworld1 is on a distinguished road

Old

07-08-2010, 07:54 AM
vasilisa is offline vasilisa
Software:

vasilisa is on a distinguished road

Old

Hi)
The Google Sandbox Effect is a theory used to explain why newly-registered domains or domains with frequent ownership changes rank poorly in Google Search Engine Results Pages (SERPS). It means that new websites are put into a “sandbox” or a holding area and have their search ratings on hold until they can prove worthy of ranking.

07-08-2010, 06:00 PM
andrebacher is offline andrebacher
Software:

andrebacher is on a distinguished road

Old

I always like to try everything that's new, but if you say it's not good, than I will be careful.

07-21-2010, 08:54 AM
geethaa is offline geethaa
Software:

geethaa is on a distinguished road

Old  Sandboxing

Google Sandbox is otherwise known as “Sandboxing” or “Sandbox effect” or “Google penalty”. It is a method adopted to check the quality of a website before providing the page rank. This phenomenon was a hot topic that was much discussed about, as the new websites were not being ranked well by google. Usually the websites were kept “idle” without any page ranking for a period time. This time was not clearly known but it exists. This scenario is expected between three to six months time.

Google Sandbox effect was noticed by so many webmasters in websites that are properly optimized with proper keywords. It’s still happened in websites with back links that had been good in SERP results.

12-18-2010, 09:10 AM
andykeating is offline andykeating
Software:

andykeating is on a distinguished road

Old

Sandbox is basically a filter which is there in Google's algorithm. And it is working for trust factor of SEO. It prevents a website or a web page for ranking highly until it has not reached certain threshold. That threshold is called "trust" factor. Domain names, which are old, are considered to be trusted enough than new ones. That is what Sandbox has to check.

12-18-2010, 12:53 PM
FreeStylencer is offline FreeStylencer
Software:

FreeStylencer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Google Sandbox is dark and evil place where web sites are sent to for doing something wrong. A cold lonely oblivion out of which only worthy can be rescued unharmed. A good satirical movie can be directed from this story.

01-13-2011, 11:17 AM
IntegratedS is offline IntegratedS
Expertise: SEO
Software: Firefox

IntegratedS is on a distinguished road

Old

The sandbox is essentially a filter that was created by Google to avoid spamming of search results by unscrupulous webmasters. Before the sandbox was created, most new sites could rank pretty quickly, which allowed certain "black hat" SEO professionals to make a quick buck by ranking a new site on the top of Google's index for a very competitive keyword, and then cashing out before Google caught up with their spam technique.

01-13-2011, 03:58 PM
FreeStylencer is offline FreeStylencer
Software:

FreeStylencer is an unknown quantity at this point

Old

Originally Posted by IntegratedS View Post
Before the sandbox was created, most new sites could rank pretty quickly, which allowed certain "black hat" SEO professionals to make a quick buck by ranking a new site on the top of Google's index for a very competitive keyword, and then cashing out before Google caught up with their spam technique.
Those were some crazy times I tell you. Back than all you had to do is repeat a keyword 100 times to reach the stars. Imagine what Google algorithm will be like in 20 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >