Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 888 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Marketplace     Services Offered / Looking to Hire     Search Engine Optimization :

domain name

Thread title: domain name
03-07-2010, 08:41 AM
sudhakararaog is offline sudhakararaog
Software:

sudhakararaog is on a distinguished road

Old  domain name

i need advice on choosing a .com and .co.nz for domain name

i am building a website for a automobile company which is based in new zealand and i need to choose a domain name now i need advice if i have to choose a .com or .co.nz

the purpose of the website is to sell automobile/car lights, it can be head lights, tail lights for a broad range of car brands so in general the website is about selling automobile/car lights

i have done a bit of keyword research from google keyword research tool and i have chosen few keywords

automobilecarlights
automobilecarlightsonline
onlineautomobilecarlights

i client wants his website over a period of time to be searchable from any country not just from new zealand so what i need advice is should i choose a .co.nz domain because the company is based in new zealand so that people in new zealand are targetted first or should i choose a .com domain straight away as the website is for a long term startegy

alternatively will it be a good idea to build the entire website with a .co.nz domain and also choose a .com and just have one page on .com and create a .htaccess at .com and permanently redirect all traffic to .co.nz where the actual content for the website is and not on .com

any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated

thanks

03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
tommy is offline tommy
Software: MS Word, Firefox, Farm Frenzy

tommy is on a distinguished road

Old

If your customer is aiming for buyers coming from across the continent, then you should consider getting a dot com or else if it is only for local nz buyers then go for geo specific domain.

Find out where the bulk of sales are coming from then do a market research to determine which direction to take. Just use the reason I mention above as the main reason to make your decision. Hope that helps.

03-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Charley is offline Charley
Software:

Charley is on a distinguished road

Old

Your alternative works great for me. You would target both local NZ clients as well as the global market. If the company you are working for doesn't mind about budget then I suggest you go with this procedure.

03-13-2010, 03:43 AM
sudhakararaog is offline sudhakararaog
Software:

sudhakararaog is on a distinguished road

Old

thanks

01-04-2011, 08:00 AM
mohitindia is offline mohitindia
Software:

mohitindia is on a distinguished road

Old

Go for broder searched domain name that would be very much important for getting in to right search engine optimization technique. So go for long trail keywords as well so that too help you to get your domains with in the search engines.

03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
1seo is offline 1seo
Expertise: web design,development,seo,sem
Software: Dreamweaver

1seo is on a distinguished road

Old  domain name

It depends on the company service area,If company deals with multi nations then you may choose .com otherwise choose co.nz. You can use keyword analytical tools for keyword according local and global servces.

03-11-2011, 06:30 PM
marknel is offline marknel
Software:

marknel is on a distinguished road

Old

Even Google promotes location influence in its searches.Why do the multinational companies have different domain for different parts of the world.