Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 873 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Design and Development     HTML/XHTML/DHTML/CSS :

Membership Payment Site Help

Thread title: Membership Payment Site Help
03-05-2012, 02:18 PM
MayReich is offline MayReich
Software:

MayReich is on a distinguished road

Old  Membership Payment Site Help

Hi!

I have thoughts about starting up an internet business. I would like to create a membership site around my interest. The problem is that i'm not so good at the technical parts and wondering how much time it requires to learn the programming languages to setup a website where I can accept monthly payments for members. The content is not a problem, but I don't really know where to start. I would like to create something similar to brainvale.com, sixpackshortcuts.com or universityofmakeup.com. But I would not want one time payment, a monthly subscription.

Could anyone give some advice how I can start? or does it cost much to hire a professional programmer to setup a site similar to these membership sites above?

Regards, May Reich

03-05-2012, 06:28 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

This all varies greatly with exactly what you are trying to do. Payment gateways are very security sensitive because you are dealing with money. There are usually pre-made scripts that can do most of the work for you but some knowledge is still required just to set it up. Google is your friend here.

Your fastest option may be to hire someone, you can explain your needs to them and they will either build you something or use pre-made scripts and customize them as necessary. With this you get what you pay for, the cheaper the worker the lower quality you'll get. You'll see a lot of offshore consulting companies from developing nations like India and Pakistan who charge a fraction of what consultants from developed countries cost, but the work you get will be on par with the pay.

03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Mauro.Casas is offline Mauro.Casas
Expertise: programming, wizardy
Software:

Mauro.Casas is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Skype™ to Mauro.Casas

Old

Definitely hit up the Marketplace, and straight to Programming&Coding.
TF is full of great coders, Village Genius is one of those. So yeah, just post your job ad and wait for people to come by

03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
MayReich is offline MayReich
Software:

MayReich is on a distinguished road

Old

Okey. It seems that this is nothing I can start learning myself without years of experience I'll guess I need to find someone to code these things for me. But thanks guys for the help. Appriciate it!

03-07-2012, 10:47 AM
HenrySWolfe is offline HenrySWolfe
Software:

HenrySWolfe is on a distinguished road

Old

At first, create your website by any experienced programmer because it is important to make perfect website for membership payment. After this, whenever you need to changes in your website use “Firebug tool” as add-on in Firefox browser which is best and easy to changes in website and also learn programming. The practical use of this tool is good for improve programming skill.