Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1442 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Contracts, Business and Legal Help :

Hosting and design or one or the other?

Thread title: Hosting and design or one or the other?
Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
07-31-2004, 06:42 PM
stoavio is offline stoavio
Software:

stoavio is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to stoavio Send a message via MSN to stoavio

Old

I'd would suggest keeping the services separate. That way you can focus primarily on just one or the other - but not both.

08-02-2004, 06:02 AM
banners2go
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I have to disagree with quite alot of you here......i would say in this case its better to keep the services under the same roof.

My reasons being.....you only have one website to market. Design and hosting go preety well together, if someone is buying a webdesign from you..chances are they might need some hosting to?

Look at my website banners2go.....i sell banners and i also offer targeted traffic, the two services go hand in hand. I could have made a new site etc but it would mean i would have to advertise that as well.

My thoughts....

08-02-2004, 08:45 AM
Anthony is offline Anthony
Expertise:
Software:

Anthony is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to Anthony

Old

Good point you raised there Rob, although do you think that it would be a waste trying to focus your energies on both, when you could efficiently focus your energy on one true service?

08-02-2004, 09:03 AM
Travis is offline Travis
Software:

Travis is on a distinguished road

Old

I knew one person that tried to bring out a hosting and web development company combined on the same website. In the end the web development side didnt really do to well so it was longer before he just went fully fledged into hosting. I think both can be done but make the websites seperate. Maybe even have a link to the web design site from the hosting site and vice versa.

08-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

Good call, I agree.

08-02-2004, 09:05 AM
anjam is offline anjam
Expertise:
Software:

anjam is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to anjam Send a message via MSN to anjam

Old

Originally Posted by banners2go
I have to disagree with quite alot of you here......i would say in this case its better to keep the services under the same roof.

My reasons being.....you only have one website to market. Design and hosting go preety well together, if someone is buying a webdesign from you..chances are they might need some hosting to?

Look at my website banners2go.....i sell banners and i also offer targeted traffic, the two services go hand in hand. I could have made a new site etc but it would mean i would have to advertise that as well.

My thoughts....
Hi mate exactly what i thought and posted earlier on in the thread.

@ Anthony - possibly. However eventually i feel a company has to diversify its product range and well like banners2go said someone buying traffic is most likely going to need a banner and someone buying a banner may want some traffic so the two work really well.

08-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I agree, although some people like to make contact with different companies and entities to widen their supplier and business contact range

08-02-2004, 03:18 PM
banners2go
Expertise:
Software:

Old

I agree, although some people like to make contact with different companies and entities to widen their supplier and business contact range
But then surely that is the point of having several services under one roof....to keep them from looking elsewhere? If i had a seperate site for my traffic business im preety sure i wouldnt have sold the amount of traffic i already have.

when you could efficiently focus your energy on one true service?
Well.....whether it is in the same site or seperate you will have to split up your time for each service. I personally think if the product is good enough it will sell. I rarely promote the traffic i sell and because people are satisfied with the level of service i give them (when buying banners) they assume it will be the same with any product i bring out.....which of course is true.

08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
stoavio is offline stoavio
Software:

stoavio is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to stoavio Send a message via MSN to stoavio

Old

Larger establishments like 2advanced and flashlevel (who both started out as web design firms) then opened subsidaries or divisions rather that offered hosting services under the same brand. I think it's better than trying to cram it down the throat of just one website. Personally I don't thinking offering two services like that is a good idea.

08-02-2004, 05:32 PM
Hexation is offline Hexation
Expertise:
Software:

Hexation is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to Hexation Send a message via MSN to Hexation

Old

Id stick with 2 diffrent sites. Or else get sponsored by a hosting company and send all hosting trafic there way and just get comition on a per sale basis. Just my thoughts.

Closed Thread  
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >