I'm doing some extra work in school to get a higher grade (stupid teacher) and i need to know this: I need to make a button that when you click it, a movieclip starts playing, kind of a mouse-over, but with a button click instead.
i tried the second one, didn't work. And the problem with the first one is, that i don't want to save it as .swf file in order to play it, I want to play a movieclip which is located in the same scene.
you guys have made this problem so much harder than it is.
* make a button
* select it & go to the properties panel (bottom of flash);
* give it an instance name (play?)
* bring your movie clip into the frame.
* go to the properties panel (bottom of flash)
* give it (the movie clip this time) an instance name
* make an actions layer
* open the actions panel (f9, optionF9 on mac)
type this code
putting the code on the button itself like on(release) is back from the kayframe days of flash 5. with the advances in action script and the many, many tiers of movie clips by action script driven files finding the symbol with the code on it is an utter nightmare.
i don't know why you need = function() on the end, you just do. you get used to it.
i attached the zip to show you how easy it really is.