Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,472
There are 1964 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     Business and Website Management     Advertising, SEO and Social Marketing :

List of search engines

Thread title: List of search engines
Closed Thread    
06-09-2005, 12:50 PM
suna13 is offline suna13
Software:

suna13 is on a distinguished road

Old  List of search engines

Hi,

Does anybody know any list of search engines where we can submit an url for FREE!
In several website designing packages I have see people mentioning "Search engine submission of your website". What exactly do you guys do? I mean do you submit it on one of those 'Free search engine submission'? Or do you prefer going for the 'paid search engine submission' and charge the client for that?

Suna

06-10-2005, 12:28 PM
DateinaDash is offline DateinaDash
Expertise:
Software:

DateinaDash is on a distinguished road

Old

Hey suna13

I would strongly advise against submitting it to the "free search engine submission" schemes you see floating around, they often lead to your website being blacklisted from certain search engines! The best method is to let the engines index you naturally or submit to them manually, often than not google will index you if your linked from other sites fairly quickly.

The paid search engine submission services are very expensive and often than not you can do exactly the same thing (sure, it might take a little while longer) but it would save $299 (yahoos express price!). In terms of free search engines, I believe most of them are "free" but alot offer paid submission, which people fall for.

Make sure you have submitted your website into dmoz, www.dmoz.org as that's used in a wide variety of search engines

Closed Thread