start with on page seo, first decide what will be ur target keywords, then start directory submissions with those keywords in the title and description.. add content relevent to the topic/keywords. optimize ur pages for the keywords.. u can google this its easy. after that go after the off page seo.. and make links for ur site.. use social media, social bookmarking sites(stumbleupon, digg etc). post ur articles to article directories.. update regularly and build a sitemap for ur site.. and submit it to different search engines.. try exchanging links with sites that are similar to u..
Submit your blog to blog directories
Bookmark each and every post to social bookmarking sites
Make a hubpage,squidoo lens,wiki page for your blog
Use MyBlogLog,Guest Blogging
Use Social Media Outlets like FB & Twitter
Lastly make use of “all in one SEO” plug-in if using wordpress
Everything starts with keyword research and choosing a domain name with the main keyword. Find keywords with high search traffic and low competition. Next step is on and off page SEO...
1. Main keyword should in the blog title. Main keyword and secondary keywords should be in the meta description and keyword tags.
2. Main keyword should be inserted in the first and last paragraphs -- bold one keyword, italicize another, underline another. One keyword should be anchor text with URL to the source. Consider adding LSI (themeing) keywords throughout the article
3. Make sure each blog post/page loads fast. Don't add a lot of images, videos, links, scripts, etc., as they will promote slow post/page load
4. Make sure each article is well written to capture the visitor's attention (no poor grammar and spelling mistakes).
5. Include one image that conveys the article's subject and include the keyword (main or secondary) in the ALT tag
6. Include a call to action at the end of the article with keyword included
1. Submit blog to search engines, directories, etc.
2. Write articles and submit to article directories
3. Submit to bookmarking and social news sites
4. Post to forums with keyword in the URL or anchor text
5. Post to Twitter, Facebook, etc.
6. Post to Squiddo, Hubpages, Squibd, etc.
7. Post to .EDU and .ORG and .GOV sites
8. And the list goes on
For better backlinking, try to post to sites that are closely related to your blog posts/pages and has page rank (higher the better) with do-follow. It''s okay to submit to zero page ranking and no-follow sites but put more emphases on those that have do-follow and page ranking, but mix it up.
Of course, there's a lot more for SEO but this information is a good start.
Do you have knowledge about seo? If yes, then all you need to do is keep working on seo. Remember seo never stops even when your website is #1.
If you are lacking knowledge about seo I'd suggest you first learn the basics, implement them and then scale it up.
Without having the right knowledge you could end up doing wrong seo that would ultimately harm your website.
In my opinion, by actively taking part in other peoples blogs and leaving useful comments, you can also have your name and a link for others to follow, directing them to your website, so that to bring traffic to your new blog.